newb Question

ltmadsen

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
when i did the HTC unlock it erased everything contacts, texts etc... does it erase everything everytime I flash a new Rom?

Thanks in advance,

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes it will if you wipe data/factory reset in recovery. You only need to do that going from one rom to a different rom

when i did the HTC unlock it erased everything contacts, texts etc... does it erase everything everytime I flash a new Rom?

Thanks in advance,

Reactions: ltmadsen

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
You have to backup your files. I use titanium backup for all files. And a nandroid backup if I flash something incorrectly.

Sent from my PG86100

Reactions: ltmadsen

twister99403

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
if your phone is running the same base, like the new one and you switch between roms with the SAME BASE only you should only have to wipe dalvik and cache and NOT data. I have switched between 3 different roms with the same base to test the theory and everything worked fine, you might find leftover stuff from the previous rom like updaters etc... but everything works fine. On that note I ALWAYS wipe everything and backup with titanium and restore after flashing because little things can come up that are just irritating. Oh, remember to "fix permissions" if getting FC issues :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamed-helmy