Newly installed SD card. Now stumped on moving music onto it.

dougsoulang

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks in advance for any help. I'm new to the Android stuff, and am finding some of it much less user friendly than Apple so far.

Installed a new SD card in my GS3 today. Would like to have music files on it, and then use Poweramp (seems to be the music player of choice for Android). I can't even put .mp3 files on the SD card to begin this process. I keep getting a 'Cannot copy' message. I feel like it shouldn't take this much effort to achieve something so simple.

Any advice / tips? Links to guides? etc...

Thanks again for reading.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Thanks in advance for any help. I'm new to the Android stuff, and am finding some of it much less user friendly than Apple so far.

Installed a new SD card in my GS3 today. Would like to have music files on it, and then use Poweramp (seems to be the music player of choice for Android). I can't even put .mp3 files on the SD card to begin this process. I keep getting a 'Cannot copy' message. I feel like it shouldn't take this much effort to achieve something so simple.

Any advice / tips? Links to guides? etc...

Thanks again for reading.
Good choice on PowerAmp. The simplest way is to plug your phone in to PC then just drag n' drop the music files on to the SD card.

***Create a folder on the root of your SD card and name it "Music".

dougsoulang

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Good choice on PowerAmp. The simplest way is to plug your phone in to PC then just drag n' drop the music files on to the SD card.

***Create a folder on the root of your SD card and name it "Music".

Thanks for the reply Ricky. That's exactly what I've tried to do. I'm successful all the way up to the drag n' drop part. I keep getting a 'Cannot copy... The device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected.' message.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Yes, make sure that mtp mass storage option is selected as "DroidXcon" suggested. Also, it could be the router is not keeping the connection, you have a faulty USB connection (try a different port), a faulty cord, or your Virus protection is not letting you keep the connection. Something is hindering the connection.

dougsoulang

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Something is hindering the connection.

This is correct. Not sure what the issue is, but when I plugged the phone into my work notebook I was able to move files around as expected. Seems the issue isn't with the phone, but the phone / personal notebook connection. Thanks to all that read and helped out!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LiSwipe