next nexus release question

datboicastro

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I've been thinking about the next nexus and my question to you guys is do you think they would even release a new nexus without a new release of android? I cant see it so either it'll be a while for a new nexus or another incremental software update. Unless they have something else planned like multiple manufacturers building nexus's then maybe that'll justify the release. What do you guys think?

Slayers

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Right now I think we have seen the JB nexus as the tablet I think the next phone will be built by when the next OS is released

anon(13322)

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Probably when 4.2 is release. Probably around January-March 2013. I'll give it around 6 months or so. But the phone itself, will be announced October-December, if I had to take a guess.

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
If Jelly Bean is really as good as all the reviewers say, I would love to see El Goog
release the next Nexus with as good/better specs that the iPhone 5...this could be the first phone to singularly dent iPhone sales.

Based on this July JB reveal, I'd say next spring for both OS and Nexus device(s).

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
i think the Nexus 7 WAS the new Nexus device. It was made to showcase Jelly Bean. I think the next Nexus phone won't be out until late next year.

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I think it's a safe bet that a new Nexus will be released this year and it'll be running Jelly Bean. Feel free to quote me on that. I'll eat an iPhone if it doesn't happen!

datboicastro

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Whenever it is released I hope Google follows Samsung's lead and makes it available to all carriers.

I'm pretty sure they won't release it on any carriers but in the Google play store unlocked GSM maybe a CDMA version for sprint and Verizon. I Look forward to it I hope we have new hardware around the end of the year.

kidcjay

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I think Google should separate the tablet and phone ui. The whole point of honeycomb was to do so. Phones never saw honeycomb and aren't tablets mentioned for high media usage. So I think a tablets ui should be geared towards that. A phones ui is mentioned for multitasking and making phone calls. Google merging the two makes it harder for people to justify buying tablets. Why buy a tablet if phones are getting bigger anyway and I can call people with it too. That being said Google is also making it harder to come out with new devices. If the software is the same on every device and you need a new device to debut it. We will probably only see one nexus device a year. A tablet this year a phone next year.

Reactions: mannw1977

mannw1977

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
All I know is that JB is putting Android over the hump of apple. Soon it will be below BIG GREEN. Yes Yes Yes. Jellybean is as smooth as butter on my VGN. Let's not even talk about voice to text now. A to A+ A is not for apple ether.:cool:

Reactions: datboicastro

mannw1977

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I think Google should separate the tablet and phone ui. The whole point of honeycomb was to do so. Phones never saw honeycomb and aren't tablets mentioned for high media usage. So I think a tablets ui should be geared towards that. A phones ui is mentioned for multitasking and making phone calls. Google merging the two makes it harder for people to justify buying tablets. Why buy a tablet if phones are getting bigger anyway and I can call people with it too. That being said Google is also making it harder to come out with new devices. If the software is the same on every device and you need a new device to debut it. We will probably only see one nexus device a year. A tablet this year a phone next year.

Very true. Why get a tablet?

datboicastro

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Very true. Why get a tablet?

I actually like the direction they've gone. It makes for a more consistent experience. Look at iOS people love their iPhone so much they buy an iPad and vice versa and it basically the same exact experience. I did the same thing I love my galaxy nexus so much I bought the nexus 7 the first day even though it looks identical to my gnex running jb I like that. Only thing android needs is for more devs to work on tablet apps and keep refining their apps.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

jtc276

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm confused about my next phone at the moment. I've decided that it's going to be a Nexus, no questions asked. The Galaxy S III is nice (and really tempting) but seeing how much of an improvement Jelly Bean has been on the same device that ICS was released on is amazing. When I played with the Galaxy Nexus on ICS, it seemed to be a bit laggier than my AT&T Galaxy S II. Now that Jelly Bean has been released, I feel that my S II is now inferior. Software is a big deal and I guess that Jelly Bean has allowed me to realize that. This is one reason why I don't understand why manufacturers are putting these huge processors into phones when, at this point, the only thing taking advantage of them is games, not software. I feel that huge and powerful processors should be saved for tablets which are better for gaming, in my opinion.

Now, I have a couple questions: 1. Do you think there will be a new Nexus phone later this year? 2. Do you think going to a Galaxy Nexus from an S II is even worth it?

Highcroft

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Wishful thinking, but I really wish that they go with the multiple manufacturer route with the Nexus line. We can still get AMOLED screened phones and/or tables from Samsung and hopefully HTC's device will be the original leaks of the HTC Edge (which later became the One X). A metal, unibody phone would be a perfect successor to the Nexus One.
HTC-Edge8.jpg

datboicastro

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I will take the nexus over them any day no doubt but that's just me. And I agree I want the multiple manufacturers also. And would love a nexus one successor. Or even the design of the one x is beautiful to me. And I hope the next nexus is actually branded with the word nexus like the nexus 7 is.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

dd0yl3

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I think they will go the multiple manufactures route for the next nexus. If they are able to pull that off, you can't beat Motorola with the superior radio quality they have.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Android Central Forums

scottsglock17

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone. I am new to the Android Central forums, but I have been an avid reader for some time now. I am making the switch to an android OS device in the next couple of weeks from iOS, and I can hardly wait (finally upgrade eligible). I know this thread is about the next Nexus, but I was wondering if anyone had any advise on hardware. I was thinking about the SGS3, but I have read good things about the Galaxy Nexus as well (especially the thought of not being under contract). Thank you in advance.

coinmanmat

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
I think they will go the multiple manufactures route for the next nexus. If they are able to pull that off, you can't beat Motorola with the superior radio quality they have.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Android Central Forums

I agree, I would like to see multiple Nexi phones, for Motorola, since they are owned by Google now I expect the hardware to be superior if they do a Nexus phone. HTC's Nexus should be something similar to the One X with that quad core LTE capable Snapdragon S4 chip. Samsung's Nexus should be based on the Galaxy S III but I really want to see Sammy try out some of their new screen technology that they have been developing. I would love to see a flexible AMOLED display in a Samsung made Nexus phone so it could be super thin. Its time that Google starts making the Nexus line amazing again.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: datboicastro

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ugo