Nexus 10 locking up after 4.3 update.

Davel23

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I got the 4.3 update OTA a couple of days ago, and went ahead and let it update. Now however, when my 10 is in sleep mode for an extended period (not sure exactly how long, a couple of hours at least) it won't wake up from either the cover magnet or a short press of the power button. I have to hold the power button and reboot. It works fine after that until I leave it sleeping again for a few hours, then it has to be rebooted again. Anyone else having this problem? I've been thinking about doing a factory reset to see if it fixes the problem, but I'd like to avoid it if possible.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Have not had that problem. In fact it now wakes up simply by opening the cover. Before 4.3, I had to short press the power button to wake it up just like my phone.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Have not had that problem. In fact it now wakes up simply by opening the cover. Before 4.3, I had to short press the power button to wake it up just like my phone.

I have a Moko case with magnets. I have never had to manually turn on/off the tablet in any version of Android on the N10 with this case (unless I want to, of course).

fulleraj

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Were you able to factory reset it yet? If not, that would be my first recommendation and then continue to troubleshoot from there .

Sent from my GS4 Google Edition using Tapatalk.

Xingularity

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
So far from what I have seen a reset after a major update usually gets rid of those problems.

Posted from my Awesome Nexus 10 with the new Android Central App

jasonbird

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I can't do a factory reset. It says no command and my n10 Is all hosed up! Damn this update!!!

Posted via Android Central App

1LoudLS

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
My N10 got totally screwed up after taking the update. it was pretty much useless after that, it would freeze up with in a minute or two of being turned on. pretty much ever time.

did a factory reset, all has been well.

uultramann

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone noticed an unstable Wi-Fi connection after going to 4.3 on the N10? I tried both the sideload and OTA versions, and each time, my trip to 4.3 is met with poor Wi-Fi performance. I return to 4.2.2 and Wi-Fi is normal again.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone noticed an unstable Wi-Fi connection after going to 4.3 on the N10? I tried both the sideload and OTA versions, and each time, my trip to 4.3 is met with poor Wi-Fi performance. I return to 4.2.2 and Wi-Fi is normal again.

Have not experienced that. Mostly connecting it to my Linksys WRT54GL with Toastman Tomato at home and sometimes work. Also connected with "N" to a Buffalo at a friend's house and a few random restaurant access points. No issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali