Nexus 4 or retina ipod touch

jwl3429

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Was looking to get an ipod touch 32gb to use for games, apps, and web surfing, i have a palm pre 2 which is irreplaceable due to its great multitasking. but now i am considering getting the nexus 4 8gb and using as wifi only instead, i have previously had android phones so i already have a decent amount of apps and for the same price i think its a win. i would get it and use it as my phone but i am on verizon. any thoughts?

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Depends if you have any investment in the iOS ecosystem. If you have a majority of your apps in iOS, then get the touch. But if you're invested in Android, then go with the N4.

Sent from my HTC One X

jwl3429

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
i have no investment in ios, i have always been anti apple but the fact that all ios games and apps work on the phone/ipod, where as with android some games/apps only release on certain phones i was leaning towards ios, but now with the nexus 4 with it top specs and good update record i can be assured that new games will work on the phone.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Was looking to get an ipod touch 32gb to use for games, apps, and web surfing, i have a palm pre 2 which is irreplaceable due to its great multitasking. but now i am considering getting the nexus 4 8gb and using as wifi only instead, i have previously had android phones so i already have a decent amount of apps and for the same price i think its a win. i would get it and use it as my phone but i am on verizon. any thoughts?

Ha, Palm OS is good but that's just laughable.

i have no investment in ios, i have always been anti apple but the fact that all ios games and apps work on the phone/ipod, where as with android some games/apps only release on certain phones i was leaning towards ios, but now with the nexus 4 with it top specs and good update record i can be assured that new games will work on the phone.

You can get a 16GB 4th gen for $195 atm compared to $350 you would be paying for this? You could probably get a galaxy player for cheaper as well and would give you expandable storage. I love this phone but don't buy it for an mp3 player when there are cheaper options with more storage available.

Also....5GB won't get you far with games. $300 would be a terrible investment for your uses.

Edit - Why not get a N7? Used 16GB were going for $150 before they were OOS and you can possibly get an 8GB at Staples for $160 atm.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...tml/BI/20079/KBID/13844/SID/UUacUvbUpU2283918

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

then why buy it? I bought a ipod nano and its painful to sync with itunes etc especially i format my PC every 6 months. so I stopped using it.
I have all my music in the google music(use it on tablet,PC and Phone with no syncing) and if its wifi connects all songs are in your mobile. or you could setup your music within your network and stream it from there.

I download some songs offline.

jwl3429

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
thanks for all the input the nexus 7 is just to big, want to be able to carry it around with me, i don't anticipate have much of any thing on there other then games, photos and music can be stored on the cloud. Would consider ditching Verizon but i am on a family plan with 5 lines ETF would kill me.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
thanks for all the input the nexus 7 is just to big, want to be able to carry it around with me, i don't anticipate have much of any thing on there other then games, photos and music can be stored on the cloud. Would consider ditching Verizon but i am on a family plan with 5 lines ETF would kill me.

What about an ipod touch 4th generation (previous model non-retina display) from ebay/craigslist? You should be able to pick up a 32 GB for less than $200. Or you can pick up a used Samsung Galaxy Media Player for probably the same amount. I think the 8GB N4 phone would not fit your wants/needs in this situation.

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site

The N7 is pretty portable, but to each their own, I suppose :)

Sent from my HTC One X

Last edited:

jwl3429

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
i think i am going to drop my Verizon data plan $30 dollars and get the N4 with t mobiles $30 unlimited data/text and 100 min plan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays