Nexus 4 Ordered on November 27: Order Status and Tracking

Alexander Lee

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
same here but no email notification though....ups tracking said just left KY and will deliver by end of day tomorrow....hope my screen protector and case will arrive by usps too. :)

jasonthestudent

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Order placed on Nov 27, 2012 8:43:36 PM EST
Estimated to ship in 2-3 weeks
Card charged on Dec 12
Phone shipped on Dec 12 (2 day shipping via UPS)
Phone arrives tomorrow (Dec 13)

austriak

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Send them a formal assertive email with a link to this thread..i forget the page number where someone posted a screenshot of their order of the first week of Dec and getting charged and shipped shortly afterwards.

Ask them why that is happening when they have a 6-7 week shipping period. I did that...and it gave my order a boost 2 days later.
Let us know how it goes.

Orientals...lol. I hate when people do a FULL STOP at Yield signs....

I sent the email with the link and I got a can email that says by when I should get my phone.

FYourProblems

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I ordered a Nexus 4 16 GB on the 27th around 10:00 PM EST. The order confirmation said it would ship in 4-5 weeks. Looks like the authorization just showed back up as pending on my credit card today. I'm hoping this means it will ship soon.

Usually means it'll ship the next day

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Everyone I get the whole thing of being very aggravated with the shipment problems but if your here to pound your fists in rage thats fine. However circumventing the language filters in doing so is not going to be accepted.

Due to this some posts have been cleaned up or removed because of all the cursing found.

Carry on.. Good luck on them orders :/

mm625

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I think I'm in the same boat as "give up and wait". I emailed Google twice so far, linked the thread, and got canned emails both times. My order is still pending, no Wallet change, my card activity hasn't changed either. The only thing that sucks is that I'm going out of town next Friday through the first week of January, so I was hoping I would get it before then. I get that this has devolved into a whine thread about people wanting their phones during the regularly scheduled delivery time set by Google (week 2 as of this week), but it wouldn't be a big deal if people were not literally reordering the phone to get it to ship and then canceling the other phone. Stuff like that is seriously ridiculous, if Apple had a fiasco like this there would be a storm ten times this size. It just makes Google look completely incompetent when it comes to one of the major uses of the web (shopping), and Google wants to position themselves as THE major player in internet services? It really needs to get its act together and learn from this unfortunate experience.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Allow me to add that the next person who uses language about race, color, creed, sexual preference or religion is gone for good.

I don't have to see that sort of crap, and don't need that sort of person frequenting these forums. You're lucky someone with a more level head got to you first.

Alexg314

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Allow me to add that the next person who uses language about race, color, creed, sexual preference or religion is gone for good.

I don't have to see that sort of crap, and don't need that sort of person frequenting these forums. You're lucky someone with a more level head got to you first.

I call bs.

methods

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I ordered mine on Dec.2nd with the 6-7 week delivery. I don't mind waiting. I waited 9 months for the Pre3 to be released and with about 1 week to go HP pulled the plug on webOS so 6-7 weeks is nothing. But on Dec.10 I saw on Google Play expected delivery was reduced to 5-6 weeks so I took a chance and ordered another one and now 2 days later my Nexus 4 was waiting at my door when I got home today. Maybe this will work for some of you.

Doooshty

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
"Hello Dustin,

Thank you for contacting Google about your Nexus 4 order. Apologizes for the delay in shipment of your device, for some reason - most likely due to back order and the computerized ordering system not working properly with your order. To answer your question, what you were seeing displayed (6th of Dec.) was the order trying to automatically fix itself and push through.

At this point, what I can do further is bring this to the attention of our shipping department to see if they could push the order through once and for all since it has not since the 27th of Nov. Furthermore, once the order is pushed through and you receive it and are charged -- we could then refund your shipping cost."

I dont trust what any csr tells me, so we'll see

Cotwolf

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I hadn't noticed before that my order says "Pre order, Nov. 29" on Google Play. I only saw Google Wallet. And I already sent an email to Google asking what gives... Hope they reply with something more than an automated reply.

Tyler Solo

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
So after like 15 days of waiting with "pending" on my order status, I got bored and sent them an email complaining about people ordering after me getting the device before me. They just charged my credit card and sent me this email (from a CSR)
"Hello Tyler,

Thanks for contacting Google Play. Rest assured we are working efficiently to make sure everyone receives their device in the quoted time frame. At this time I can't comment on a different customer order.

Regards,

Charlene
The Google Play Support Team"

Not sure if my complaining made them bump me up or if it just got their attention but they charged me so that means it shipped. Now I just gotta wait. And btw it says "Pre-ordered" instead of pending now.