Nexus 5 3g sim setting

sue howie

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
I am new to the Nexus 5, and find that the mobile signal is not as good as my previous phones in the same areas. I have a 3g sim with TMobile and have set the "Preferred network type" to 3G in the Mobile Network Settings. Should I set this to the 4G(recommended) even if I only have a 3G sim. Will this have any impact on my mobile signal or is this only going to impact on speed of data download? Also I have noticed, like several other people, that when I move from a WiFi area to a non wifi area, my Nexus 5 does not always connect to the mobile network and is often unable to connect to the internet until I toggle airplane mode (the apparent fix!). Is this a Nexus 5 issue, or is it (as some people report) an issue with the upgrade to Android version 4.4.2. I find it really disconcerting to have to keep checking that my phone is actually connected to the mobile network (as it shows that it is when it isn't). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

dskies666

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
I have the same question... I'm on H3G in Italy and I have the same doubt and settings (set on 3g even if the phone advices me to use 4g).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootje