Nexus 5: Problems & Issues

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Hey all..
M facing a problem on my nexus 5 since the last couple of days...as I enter into a call my proximity sensor doesn't work properly..in other words as I touch my phone on my ears my screen stays on all the time and doesn't go black...can anyone help me out with a solution for this..???
Thanks in Advance..:)

Posted via Android Central App

pushkardua

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 Problems and Issues list.

this device is really bad with water resistant capabilities... i am typing with my nexus 5 on top of me which has too much moisture in it beacuse of rain..i purchased it almost 20 days back and i am weeping like hell because lg won't fix it!!!
cmon maan!!!! aAAHHHH

pushkardua

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site

i really wan't to convince those people to fix this!! i don't have Rs 7k to Fix it even half a month after :/ please help me someone :(

tusharjuneja

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I've been facing problems with my Nexus 5 since couple of days. Its camera is only working in HDR+ mode. I've even tried using it in Safe mode but it didn't work. Can someone please help me out of it with a solution? Thanks in Advance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Battery dies in only 6 hours !! I'm so sad about this

Posted via the Android Central App

Battery life depends on what you're doing. If you had the screen on a lot, it'll reduce your total battery life. Total screen-on time for the Nexus 5 averages around 3 hrs--what were you getting?

Stefan Papuc

May 18, 2014
Visit site
I have noticed since I got my device that the keyboard is a little raised over the nav bar with a little black bar between the keyboard and nav bar to hide that issue. Does anyone why that is and also I had a different Nexus 5 before the one I have now and I didn't experience this, thanks.

Posted via the Android Central App

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Hello All,

Just jumped on the Android wagon late last week with this device, loving it so far! Ending up selling my Nokia Lumia 1020, bought a Nexus 32GB model barely used with a case...and managed to pocket some money from it. SCORE! I have experience with Android, although the last time i used one was an S3 running 4.0 which was meh...but thats why i went stock android this time. Just for an overview these have been my smartphones:
iPhone3G > Samsung Focus WP7 > Samsung GS3 > Lumia 920 > iPhone 5S > Lumia 1020 > Nexus 5

As you can see I have experience in all 3 OS's, and have been an avid fan of mobile technologies for a long time now.

The one "issue" (if we can call it that) is the battery life. Now, its not HORRIBLE as i can get 18-20 hours on medium use out of it. I can see the possibility of getting over 24 hours but refuse to turn off vibrate while typing (love this feature), OK Google (also a benefit as when i drive i use this to text) or location (set to battery saver). I am a person who wants to get a lot out of my phone, id sacrifice to charge more frequently and it as a smartphone rather than a brick.

One of the offenders I have no control over is Cell Standby, my home has pretty weak signal which i know gives the battery a work out. I set my screen brightness to 10%. Wifi is on but not discovering available networks only connects to known. I use a lot of apps, especially being deprived from using Windows for so long (hehe).

Does anyone have any good tips or video to reference that can help extend my battery further? I do not want to root my phone, just an fyi...i want to keep as stock as possible.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Hopefully this will help

What wireless provider are you using? You could probably request a signal booster from them (which might be free--mine on T-Mobile is), which might help with battery drain from poor signal.

Thank you, i'll review the guide later tonight.

The other question i wanted to ask, I noticed with both Windows Phones and iPhone that the battery would get better over time (2 weeks to 1 month use) when the battery would 'learn' how to optimize hardware/software. Example being my Lumia 1020 when i installed 8.1 started off only running for 12 hours, and with those same settings a few weeks later was going 24 hours. I managed to get my iPhone 5S to run for 10 hours use, 48 hours standby after a couple of months. Has anyone noticed this to be the case with Android stock and the Nexus 5?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The battery will always seem more short-lived when you get a phone and first set it up, because doing all of that app installation and organization can use a lot of battery--you may notice that the device actually gets pretty warm when you're installing 15-20 apps all at once. You also tend to use the phone more in the first few days, because you're trying things out and getting used to it (and it's a new toy!), so this means the screen is on for longer, and that takes battery. I think you'll find that as the phone becomes a more normal part of your daily life, the battery life will appear to improve.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Same problem as what? This thread is 35 pages long, so it would help to be more specific.

Arielle Beckles

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

Hi, my nexus 5 worked fine up until 2 days ago. When the alarm went off and I pressed the power button to wake & unlock the phone the screen went blank. The phone was unresponsive so I restarted. Now, once the phone sleeps, if I press the power button to wake/access the lock screen, the blank screen comes up and I have to restart. Help!Photo0007.jpg

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

Hi, my nexus 5 worked fine up until 2 days ago. When the alarm went off and I pressed the power button to wake & unlock the phone the screen went blank. The phone was unresponsive so I restarted. Now, once the phone sleeps, if I press the power button to wake/access the lock screen, the blank screen comes up and I have to restart. Help!View attachment 138176

If you bought your device from Google, they are replacing defective phones. I'd just get a replacement at this point. :-/

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe