Nexus 5: Problems & Issues

hell911

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 Problems and Issues list.

Im having problem with GPS.

I tried different applications which uses GPS, none can detect anything.

I downloaded this app called GPS Status, it always shows "LOOKING FOR GPS LOCATION", my GPS is turned ON, and my wifi is turned ON. I tried all options of Location Settings, still nothing.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

What exactly did you say?

I have a similar problem, and the noise it makes is really getting on my nerves. Only problem is I went and bought my phone from CPW, so I don't know how easy it will be to get a replacement

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I called and told them that the vibration rattled and they allowed me to return it, no questions asked. I purchased it from Google, though. So I'm not sure how buying it from CPW would work. I would assume you may have to deal directly with LG. This is why I always purchase my products from the retailer directly. Just helps out when crap like this doesn't work. I understand if you weren't able to do so, but it might make it difficult to get fixed.

Shikhar Oberoi

May 1, 2014
Visit site

i just bought N5 2 days back and have been facing couple of problems.

1. there is an irritating "tic tic" noise coming from the earpiece while talking. it doesn't happen every time though. is this a common problem ?

2. the font and icons are too big for my liking , i got the settings for font but i guess there's no settings for icons ? (if someone can suggest a simple launcher , that'd be really helpful :)

thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Don't know about the ticking sound, but try Nova Launcher for the icon size issue.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

pimpdaddywelfare

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Recently my typing vibration turns off occasionally. Ill be typing in MMS or email and the vibration will suddenly stop
I have to turn the screen off and on for it to come back.
Is this normal?
I have rest the phone twice and it still happens....

Any ideas ?

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Screenshot of how I have Nova Launcher currently set up.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1399928072026.jpg
    1399928072026.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 46

Shikhar Oberoi

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Don't know about the ticking sound, but try Nova Launcher for the icon size issue.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

Try Nova Launcher. You'll be amazed at what you can do with it.

Sent from my 2nd Generation Nexus 7.

i downloaded nova launcher and it works like a charm , thanks :D
Screenshot_2014-05-14-13-40-00.jpg

ok so another issue i'm having , another bug.

in battery usage stats , it always shows wifi as turned on even though it has been off for 4-5 hours :|
Screenshot_2014-05-13-18-23-53.jpg

dv8info

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I would prefer smaller icons in the native launcher too. Also I have an issue with nanny popups. I'd just like to be able to turn them off:
1. "raise volume above recommended level" popup: having to deal with a pop-up screen before being able to turn up volume, every time, when speakers are plugged in, can be infuriating sometimes.
2. When shutting down phone: I really don't need a second popup asking if I'm sure I want to turn off my phone when I've already chosen it in the previous popup.
3. When turning on GPS having to give location consent every time. Surely we only need to give consent once and it can be logged on our profiles?
In all these cases a simple checkbox with "don't show this message again" would be a great improvement.
nannynag.jpg

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
It's not really a problem, I'm just curious why this is. Every Android device I've owned will not turn on while charging. Pressing and holding the power button does nothing but it will power up just fine if I unplug it. This happens on my old S2, my N5, a friend's HTC M7, a coworkers S4, and my mom's S3. I haven't played around with an Android device that doesn't exhibit this. Again, not a problem, just puzzling why this is. My (and friends/family's) iDevices are fine turning on while charging. Any ideas?

Rayzaa

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
It's not really a problem, I'm just curious why this is. Every Android device I've owned will not turn on while charging. Pressing and holding the power button does nothing but it will power up just fine if I unplug it. This happens on my old S2, my N5, a friend's HTC M7, a coworkers S4, and my mom's S3. I haven't played around with an Android device that doesn't exhibit this. Again, not a problem, just puzzling why this is. My (and friends/family's) iDevices are fine turning on while charging. Any ideas?

Leave it on when you charge it. Problem solved.

Wired via Nexus 5

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's pretty strange. I've never encountered that issue. Does this happen no matter where it's plugged in, or which charger you're using?

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
That's pretty strange. I've never encountered that issue. Does this happen no matter where it's plugged in, or which charger you're using?

Doesn't matter where or what charger I'm using. Sometimes it will turn on while plugged in but that's rare and it never works the first time. I would have thought it was just me but it's happening to every Android device I own, have owned, or meddled with. Maybe Android just doesn't like me ;).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treyrday86