Nexus 5X Owners: What phone are you coming from?

SaSqUaDgE

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: What phone will you be leaving behind???

Im still deciding on this or the 6s. Can i ask why you are moving away from the 6?

Posted via the Android Central App

At the time I switched to an iPhone I wasn't able to get a phone that was stock Android so I figured I'd try an iPhone. The iPhone was nice and super simple but now that I can get a phone with stock android. I'm excited for the 5X whether or not it lacks features that other phones have but I guess I was just really getting bored of iOS.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

At the time I switched to an iPhone I wasn't able to get a phone that was stock Android so I figured I'd try an iPhone. The iPhone was nice and super simple but now that I can get a phone with stock android. I'm excited for the 5X whether or not it lacks features that other phones have but I guess I was just really getting bored of iOS.
Gotcha. My wife has an iphone 6 and its not as smooth as i thought it would be but the 6s is supposed to be a real difference in speed so I'm curious. I havent used an Apple product as a daily phone since the 4. I'm sort of over customizing my phones i just want a consistent straight foreward device. It will be the 6s or the Nexus. Ive had enough of heavy skinned Android.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

I'm switching from Verizon to T-Mobile. The new Nexus 5 probably won't be on Verizon

I'm upgrading from the Droid Incredible LTE . . . yeah its been a while . . . I expect to keep unlimited data . . .

opteron7

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site

currently using my Sprint Samasung Nexus Galaxy .....can't wait till I get the 5x

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

I'll be putting my iPhone 6S on the shelf for awhile to use it. There's nothing quite like having two unlocked, fully paid for phones that get uninterrupted updates.

lalston393

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site

2013 MOTO X 16gb. I really liked the Moto, but I need something that has a better camera, and more space, and not too big.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

I'll be putting my iPhone 6S on the shelf for awhile to use it. There's nothing quite like having two unlocked, fully paid for phones that get uninterrupted updates.

Gotta ask. How do you like the 6s? Im thinking of swithing to ios for a while. I DO need to use Google services though which i think i can get through the app store.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

Gotta ask. How do you like the 6s? Im thinking of swithing to ios for a while. I DO need to use Google services though which i think i can get through the app store.

Blazing fast. 3D Touch is very useful in the core apps. Touch ID is extremely fast and accurate. Very easy to handle in hand. Battery is about average with other 2015 flagships. It's a fantastic phone and worth a look if you don't mind Apple's ecosystem.

KingSRB

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site

I leave xperia Z and xperia arc must buying samsung galaxy s4 mini duos because work and two card .

anon(5324511)

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

I have two phones - but will get rid of one. So this will replace my iphone 6 and moto nexus 6.
I'll be using Project FI with the Nexus 5x. Getting married soon have to start cutting back on somethings...

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

I will be decommissioning my N4 which I accidentally left on my dash in the sun which melted the glue on the back cover causing it to peal apart. But it still works! I slapped a case on it to sandwich back together but now I cant type the letter L.

Hurry up 5x and get shipped to me already!

hwvlover

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site

My trusty Nexus 4 after three years of excellent service. It has just started turning itself off at random moments (doubt it is the UK intelligence services messing around!!) so it is time.

JSB544

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site

I'm leaving my Moto X Pure Edition (2014). I would've gotten this years model, but the screen size is too big for me. I'm running on my backup Lumia 925 right now (gotta say, it's definitely not Android)

Rutling

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site

iPhone 4S. I have had iPhones since the 3gs and I was thinking about the 6 this time around, but I'm just kind of fed up with Apple. Maybe it's just the older phone struggling to keep up with the new iOS versions (haven't even dared to try 9) but I've had more and more problems with things like the Music app running in the background killing my battery (and I don't even have any music on the phone!) - I'm guessing it was trying to connect me to Apple Music (which I'm not subscribed to) because when I logged out of iCloud the Music app no longer ran in the background. And there's no way to kill background apps that are built-in to iOS (dare I say bloatware?). Plus I think Apple has become too cult-like -- the opposite of the famous 1984 Mac commercial. Anyway, coming from a 3.5" screen on the 4S, the Nexus 5X seemed like a good move to minimize the culture shock of a substantially larger phone (as opposed to the 6P or Moto X Pure Edition). I want to stay with stock (or close) Android.

VI510N

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site

Leaving an iPhone 6. Cant wait to leave this locked down phone! The more and more I look at it Apple no longer innovates any more and yet is still charging a premiums for their BRAND phones. Cannot wait for a pure android experience!

5L Mustang

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
N4 bye bye if I feel the N5x is worth upgrading to.
My N4 still runs as smooth as butter so I'm not desperate to get rid of this phone.

Posted via Nexus 4

Last edited:

Delph

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Also leaving a Moto X Pure (2014). Not a huge fan of the new 2015 design and size. Never thought I would be complaining about a screen being too big, sort of reminds me of my iPhone friends insisting that 3.5" is all they would ever need. This will be my first Nexus device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SonamBajwa