Nexus 6P & U11 Camera Comparison

woainexus

May 24, 2016
Visit site
I received my U11 today and after testing it for a few hours I decided to return it. There are many things I liked about the U11 but the camera is nowhere near as good as the 6P's. I'm posting this as a warning to anyone who currently has a 6P and may be considering the U11 and cares about the camera.

I am EXTREMELY disappointed by U11's camera. I don't know how some reviewers were able to claim that the U11's camera is as good or better than the Pixel's when it can't even beat the 6P's. I wanted the U11 to be good. I love my 6P but after 1.5 years I am getting a bit bored and Pixel 2 seems so far away. But sadly it's not meant to be but it did make me love my 6P even more.

I took many pictures to compare but they are mostly of my family and my house so I won't be sharing those. However, I did take a couple of comparison photos I do want to share with you guys.

Please keep in mind that all pictures were taken with HDR+ and HDR Boost on both phones and in auto mode. I shrunk the photos by 50% so they are not ridiculously large.

Bright - This was taken in my office with three 1500 lumens LED bulbs with a little bit of natural light coming in from the window to the right. The difference between the 6P and U11 is almost indistinguishable here except the colors on the U11 is a bit more natural. Although if I want to nitpick, when zoomed all the way in, the 6P has less noise.

Low Light - This was taken with the lights off with only a little bit of natural light coming in from the window. There is simply no comparison here. The picture taken by the U11 is noisier than a death metal concert and you can't read the text on the paper at all. Whereas the picture taken by the 6P is significantly better.

To be fair, the 6P had a much longer post processing time whereas the U11 was near instant. But that doesn't really matter when the end result is barely usable.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I have the same experience with the 6P and the G6. Everything I get out of the 6P is better.. smoother, more natural looking pictures, and that gap in quality widens quickly as things get darker.

6P has a hell of a camera.