Nexus 7 2012 and PayPal Here/Square incompatibility

Whoishdish

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I know I'm not the first one to complain about the fact that PayPal Here and Square readers don't work with the Nexus 7. I specifically bought this as a gift for my wife for Christmas in 2012 so she could use it for her business. After finding out it's not compatible with these apps, it's basically a glorified ebook/paperweight. Is there any possibility that this is going to be fixed or am I stuck with this thing? Google...if you are paying attention...if you want to actually compete with Apple's tablets, you had better listen to what people are saying about the Nexus.
Also, how about if you post on Google Play the incompatibility issues so other unsuspecting buyers to get duped into purchasing something that doesn't work for them? This is extremely misleading and I never would have purchased it had I known there was a problem. I don't want to be forced into the iPad, but I'm most likely going to have to if this is not going to be rectified.:mad:

ChuckRoast

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
The Square doesn't work because the 2012 Nexus 7 lacks the microphone connection on the headphone jack. It cannot be "fixed." The 2013 Nexus 7 does have the connection.
The Play store says "This app is incompatible with your device." The Square site says "works with Android," not "works with most Android devices." I'd say that is misleading.