Nexus 7 Available Everywhere Now

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
What? Don't think so. What doomed the Touchpad was HP corporate. Their handling of the launch was an epic fail. Then backtracking on their other promises on how web OS would be used strategically killed off any interest from serious developers from investing more resources. Also, it's not that hard to develop for webOS; it's mainly javascript. You heard that Apotheker (sp?) even tried to spin off the hardware divisions, right? Another fail; he didn't get it, HP is a hardware company. I wonder if HP will ever recover from his one year at the helm. webOS was collateral damage unfortunately.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

This and this. The fault is squarely on HP.

Chocoburger

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Why? Are they selling them on discount? If not, there are other choices as OP mentioned...unless of course GS is your only option

Nope, in fact just last week GameStop was trying to take advantage of the scarcity of N7s by selling the 16 GB it for $318 on pre-order!

Yes, $318, and it wasn't even in stock, that was the price for the mid-August shipment. Incredible. GS is a pretty awful company. But the price went back down to $250 since I'm guessing their little trick didn't work out well for them.

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Wow this is surprising. I thought it would be more "exclusive". This just shows how serious google is that they want to really get the tablet out there to the masses.

Jussumguy88

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Well I have a $50 gamestop gift card and I'm trading in my old ipod touch for some store credit to mark down the cost :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

I considered doing the same thing. But for some reason outside of games, I don't like dealing with game stop. I also hate the way they rob you on game trade ins. I also was afraid I wouldnt be allowed to return it, should I need to or decide I didn't want it within a 2 week time period. Lol. I just ended up going to staples. If GameStop is your best bet, though, go for it. GL

ba_hamilton

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I saw one today at Walmart... I was tempted to get one because they were not charging tax on it today- back to school special....

I bought my N7 at Staples this past friday during the tax holiday. Saved myself about $30. I went to two different places and the 8gb model was sold out. Staples had only one 16gb model in stock and that's what I ended up getting. You also get $25 preloaded to spend in the appstore and you get another $10 when you sign up for google wallet. Pretty good deal I think.

domo22

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I bought my N7 at Staples this past friday during the tax holiday. Saved myself about $30. I went to two different places and the 8gb model was sold out. Staples had only one 16gb model in stock and that's what I ended up getting. You also get $25 preloaded to spend in the appstore and you get another $10 when you sign up for google wallet. Pretty good deal I think.

I am looking to buy one today in Florida and it is our tax free week also but when i called they say i have to pay tax. Anyone buy one in Florida this weekend.

elvis077

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I wonder why best buy hasn't started selling yet.

Because they are a bunch of d-bags that don't want me to buy one with all my gift cards. Other than that maybe they just don't think there is enough product to get inventory in to all stores so they just won't sell it yet? Stupid move anyhow. I will just go somewhere else.

Sent from my EVO

freddyc

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I was hoping Best Buy would carry it. I too have gift cards and whatnot I could have used. Would have made a significant difference. But oh well ... it's worth what I paid for it!

Dizzo1992

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Well went to gamestop and they were only gonna give me like $30 for my ipod touch sucks :/ so i didnt trade it in. Im not sure if I want a 3ds xl or a nexus 7. I have a regular 3ds but not sure which one haha.

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I just stopped by my local GameStop and they said they hadn't even filled all their original preorders yet! The Staples next to it said they haven't gotten a shipment in 3 weeks. Guess Google isn't targeting NYC.

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I live in the tampa area and bought one one from Walmart, got charged tax. Returned it a few hours later because of the screen separation issue.

I am looking to buy one today in Florida and it is our tax free week also but when i called they say i have to pay tax. Anyone buy one in Florida this weekend.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Timmedic

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Picked mine up at a local Walmart here in NC, tax free weekend, so I saved some cash. They only had 16gb versions and I almost got a $50 gift card out of the deal cause some idiot place the tab 2 promo by the n7 SKU ;) They tried scanning the card through for 10 minutes finally called a manager who gave the clerk the business, oh well. Love this thing wife has the new iPad and even she's jealous.

Hopsain

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

I did today but when I am spending that much money, I don't even care, the extra $13 dollars wasn't a deal breaker at all.

I found out there was tax on everything I bought this weekend? Whatever...

djhgdfkg

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I think it is a normal phenomenon, you know, the 7 inch size is just great and the price is reasonable, most people can afford it..

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I just stopped by my local GameStop and they said they hadn't even filled all their original preorders yet! The Staples next to it said they haven't gotten a shipment in 3 weeks. Guess Google isn't targeting NYC.

The one on 86? I bought mine out in NJ since NYC was all sold out.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I bought an 8 GB at staples the only unit in 6 stores. Then saw that radio shack online had the 16 GB that I wanted. Returned the 8, ordered the 16 got it in 3 days shipped FedEx free. No physical problems and typing on it now. Will use it as an adjunct to my iPad which is too big to take outside. I only wish it had a back camera, then it would be perfect .

junglejunkie

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I bought mine last week from the Play Store. On Saturday I bought one for my wife from Walmart $249.00 out the door with tax free weekend(about $30 less than I payed for mine from Google) just couldn't pass it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katcragon