Nexus 7 Glass Seperation

l44l44

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Guys, be careful about pushing down the glass on the left side. A guy on XDA cracked his screen by pushing it down with his fingers.

Nexus 7 defects? - Page 13 - xda-developers
tsO8Q.jpg

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I have a zero tolerance policy for out of the box defects. I don't care if it takes a month to get a new one, I do an exchange immediately. Especially for something like this.

Daniel v2

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I feel like this is going to be a big issue, it hasn't officially launched yet and there are a lot of people with this issue.

I'm curious how many more people are going to have this when pre orders start arriving.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

mc511

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Its there still I can feel some creaking. But I personally don't care about it. I a, not too bothered by it. Now if the glass was literally coming out of the tablet a few more millimeters. Not returning it for this.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

JesusG90

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I feel like this is going to be a big issue, it hasn't officially launched yet and there are a lot of people with this issue.

I'm curious how many more people are going to have this when pre orders start arriving.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Same here.. But hopefully us GP customers wont have this issue. (I doubt it though) From what I can tell though, all of these issues are Gamestop & Sam's Club purchases.. So hopefully only the (too) early shipments carried the defective units.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

jtskier11

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Same here.. But hopefully us GP customers wont have this issue. (I doubt it though) From what I can tell though, all of these issues are Gamestop & Sam's Club purchases.. So hopefully only the (too) early shipments carried the defective units.

Good call. Maybe the GS and Sams untis are really, really, really early shipped units that had uncorrected issues. HOPEFULLY!!

jonsnowden

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
This is why I wish Samsung made these. I was worried having no experience with Asus. I have a handful of great Samsung stuff. I'm expecting mine from the Google play store Mon or tuesday

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
my boyfriend and I both have the issues. Mine is only slight but his is pretty bad and you can really feel and hear it. Not sure what we are doing yet. We do have two on the way from Google Play so we could always keep those and return these I suppose.

Daniel v2

May 27, 2011
Visit site
So I literally just called the Google support number phone found here Contacting Support - Google Play Help

Talked to a nice guy on the phone, he said they have gotten a couple calls about this issue. He said the only thing we can do is return it to the store and get another. Told him that most stores are sold out. He said if falls on the store to replace the product. That was pretty much it.

I would suggest that if you have this issue. call Google and let them know whats going on. If enough people do it maybe they will look into it.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Does that mean you aren't expecting Asus to provide a properly constructed product to the end user??

Absolutely not. Sure, the manufacturing process to set the glue properly may have been incorrect on a few lines, or the glue was just to cheap, helping keep the price down. Asus is in the business of building hardware and electronics. They have always been good at building motherboards.....and yes, when they put their name on the case, they take ownership of it, even if they had no hand in engineering the adhesive.
Since it seems to be in the same location, it kinda hints at a manufacturing process. I hope all the "clamp" overnight methods work.
I just never think of glass, glue, or plastic injection molding machines relating to what Asus builds....but they put their name on it, so they are going to own it when those other products fail. I still think ASUS RULES.

Reactions: JesusG90

Shermanmanman

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I have the separation on mine as well. The GameStop here in my town doesn't have any more in stock so I can't change it out until they get their next batch in.

Really thought I was the only one!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Chisaki

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Haven't received mine yet from GP. Now that I am aware of this problem, I believe the glue has not had time to completely cure. Heat on uncured glue will cause it to soften. I'm sure most everyone with this problem had their tablet on for an extended time, maybe even had it plugged in at the same time.

When I get mine, if doesn't have this problem, I intend to only use until it gets a little warm then turn it off and let it cool. A few cycles of this for a day or two should cure the glue so it will never soften from heat again. Just a thought, could be wrong.

jmiles3010

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Just exchanged mine at Office Depot. Same issue, I could feel the screen move when I pressed the glass. And a few times it made a click or popping noise.

Last edited:

staples111

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Just received my staples pre order. Bottom right of the screen is pretty bad and you hear loud popping plus extra pressure on the screen :\ called and staples said they can't do anything til they get more in stock. Think I should give Google a call? Cause I only have 14 days to exchange or return.

JesusG90

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Just received my staples pre order. Bottom right of the screen is pretty bad and you hear loud popping plus extra pressure on the screen :\ called and staples said they can't do anything til they get more in stock. Think I should give Google a call? Cause I only have 14 days to exchange or return.

Thats BS if your 14 days expire and you can't return it just because they don't have anymore in stock. They expect you to go through Google?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali