Nexus 7 Screen powers off randomly

Chandu Anoop

Jun 9, 2017
Visit site
I have a Google nexus 7 (now on 4.2.2) that randomly turns off the screen. Not in a specific app, have done factory reset and still having this issue? is anyone else?

Sorry if this is a duplicate post. I searched and didn't see anyone else with this listed.

And = I had the same issue. So what to do is that is just remove your nexus 7 back cover. Take out every connections of wires and clean it with some spirit or perfume with a fine cloth. Remove the connection from the battery too. Insert it again and on the nexus 7 .( IF THE NOTIFICATION LIGHTS ARE BLINKING KEEP IT IN CHARGE FOR 1 OR 2 HRS) .

Sandra Morris1

Feb 18, 2018
Visit site
Not a new problem then - we have been having this with Asus ZenPad 8.0, screen shutting down randomly, sometimes coming straight back, other times needing a button push.

Received no help from Asus support. We were all set to return the item (though worried about the £45 return fee if they decide it isn't a warranty issue) - then I found this thread.

It was the case! But there is a setting to stop the tablet turning off when the case is closed - so no need to get a new case or get my daughter to change how she holds it.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe