Nexus wrecked

jcr2112

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
So it finally happened I dropped my phone face first...screen is destroyed... direct hit at the very bottom and two split cracks with another running across the screen...the impact point is cracked real deep....phone works fine...what are my options...no insurance

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
So it finally happened I dropped my phone face first...screen is destroyed... direct hit at the very bottom and two split cracks with another running across the screen...the impact point is cracked real deep....phone works fine...what are my options...no insurance

I'd call up Samsung directly to see how much they charge for a screen replacement.

jcr2112

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Can anybody who has dealt with Samsung give me the direct number to call please...sorry I'm pissed and on vacation... any help is greatly appreciated

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
It might actually be cheaper to seek out a third party repair shop. Here in my area I always recommend this chain called CPR cell phone repair. They do great work and are fairly priced.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
When mine broke, 1st week of January, I went to samsung.com and found support, etc. Sent my phone in and had it back in two weeks with new screen for $160. Local cell store wanted 200. I would pay a little more for a factory fix, imho. I now carry insurance:)

jcr2112

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
When mine broke, 1st week of January, I went to samsung.com and found support, etc. Sent my phone in and had it back in two weeks with new screen for $160. Local cell store wanted 200. I would pay a little more for a factory fix, imho. I now carry insurance:)

Than guys for the info...that $160 seems to be the best price I've seen...will do after vaca

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
ouch. Why i otterboxed my phone the moment I left FedEx picking up my phone. didn't even open the box and had the case. will never let a fall take my out of commission. GL!

Reactions: chriscw81

jcr2112

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
ouch. Why i otterboxed my phone the moment I left FedEx picking up my phone. didn't even open the box and had the case. will never let a fall take my out of commission. GL!

Naked forever!...she still runs just fine just real ugly...I do have a screen protector on in fact that's holding the glass together right now