No idea what this is.

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
So I just got my One yesterday, and while mostly everything about it is fantastic, there is one thing driving my OCD and I insane.

I noticed this weird discoloration that appears to be under the screen, and is really noticeable under white screens. When I tilt the phone, it discolors. Does anyone know what it is, and is it worth going back to AT&T and exchanging it, with the potential to get a more defective unit?

Attachments

• 1393955813054.jpg
    1393955813054.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 152

anon(8373095)

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
This may be a dead pixel.
You should get that checked.

I have seen a dead pixel but I do not know how to fix it and that does look like a dead pixel.

tooter123

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Don't have a One but, I would take it back and inspect the new one before leaving the store.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using AC Forums mobile app

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
So if I go to exchange it, should I bring everything (box, charger, etc.) Or just my phone?

Edit: Almost forgot! And sorry if this is a silly question, but this is my first time doing this sort of thing. I should at least remove my screen protector and possibly wipe the phone, yes?

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Why was this not the first thing you tried when you saw something under your screen?

I meant wipe the phone as in delete all my stuff on it. Perhaps I should've been clearer on that :p I did, though, try wiping the screen down to the best of my ability, but to no avail. :(

But it was there under the screen protector, and it somehow avoided detection until very recently. I thought I could live with it, but I couldn't help but stare, and my OCD started kicking in.

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Repackage and bring it all back.

Repackage everything and bring it back. It's a dead or stuck pixel. I returned 2 HTC ones to the same store for different issues. They might think I also had ocd but for a phone to commit for awhile you want to be happy. Especially if you know it's there. Every day, especially in a dark room your eyes are going to see it and go right to it .. Exchange it. Just be honest...

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Just a little status update...

Sadly, I was unable to take it back. Pleading with my mom, the response I got was "You're taking it back for only something you can see." Not quite, as I showed it to you and you all saw, and I showed it to my friends, who also could see it too. I know I have two weeks, but I'll be out of town (for, coincidentally, two weeks), so I'm pretty much out of luck.

Maybe I'll try to push my case some more, lest I'll have my OCD go insane for as long as I have this phone. The picture I showed was taken at an angle, and it only looks like that under those conditions. Looking at it straight on, it looks like a grayish line. Perhaps I shouldn't push my luck though, since everything else on the phone is perfect. :p

Little Darwin

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
That looks like it could possibly be a piece of dust under your screen protector to me... Take off your screen protector and clean the screen to see if it is still an issue.

Dead pixels I would think would be darker than the pixels around them.

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
That looks like it could possibly be a piece of dust under your screen protector to me... Take off your screen protector and clean the screen to see if it is still an issue.

Dead pixels I would think would be darker than the pixels around them.

I wish it were a piece of dust under the screen protector. :( Unfortunately though, it appears to be under the screen since it was present before I had applied the protector.

To make matters worse, the moment my mom decided we could go to AT&T was far too late, and now they're closed. I've got no choice now, it seems. I just wonder how long it will take me to get used to seeing it. :p A crying shame...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter