No permission to show top window

pauljjr

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
Hummmmmmmmm,
Not sure I understand your issue completely, but I believe you are getting a pop-up that you don't want.
If so, try this.
To get to the source of the pop-up.....
Take a Screenshot of the pop-up (Press teh Lower Volume and the Off/On key at the same time, screen will "blink" and screenshot will be saved in Photos).
Go to photos and open the Screenshot.
Scroll down to see the Properties of the Screenshot.
Towards the bottom of the screen, just above the 'resolution data of the pic' you will see the source of the Pop-Up.
Now you know the source of the pop-up, you can delete the App and the pop-up will be gone.

If this is what you are looking for, try it.
If not, I may not have understood your issue.

Advise, please.

distylynn

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
I looked at the details under a few of my screenshots. I didnt learn anything firm that, but may not know what to look for. Here a are a few more screenshots. @Mustang7747

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I looked at the details under a few of my screenshots. I didnt learn anything firm that, but may not know what to look for. Here a are a few more screenshots. @Mustang7747
I wonder if that's the new version of the old 'overlay' problem that affected many devices a while ago. Just in case, go to settings - apps and under Special access see which apps have the 'draw over other apps' permission enabled. Post a screenshot of that screen here. You could disable that permission for any app that shouldn't be there and see if it makes any difference.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Which theme do you mean? And what do you mean by stock themes. I change my theme every few days and u still get the same pop up. @methodman89
As Mustang suggests, place the phone in safe mode. This will disable 3rd party apps and your themes to diagnose.
I suggest you change to the stock theme as your error message could be related. Safe mode will answer a lot of questions.

pauljjr

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site

OK, Bring up one of your Screenshots, "Push" the screenshot "up" with your finger, a 'Properties' screen will show, take a Screenshot of this and post it in your thread.
Thanks.

toastersvee

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
@distylynn
Old post, but the problem still exist so...
I had the same problem. I disabled Linked to Windows and uninstalled Edge panel "Cool breathing light".
It fixed it for me at least, not sure which one solved the problem so I wrote them both.
Cool breathing light is also one of the worst battery hoggers I've ever come across.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
@distylynn
Old post, but the problem still exist so...
I had the same problem. I disabled Linked to Windows and uninstalled Edge panel "Cool breathing light".
It fixed it for me at least, not sure which one solved the problem so I wrote them both.
Cool breathing light is also one of the worst battery hoggers I've ever come across.
Is COOL BREATHING LIGHT a third party app?
What does it provide?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord