Question No translate option when select text

trogne

Oct 12, 2023
Visit site
In Wikipedia app, when I selected text with my old LG phone, I was seeing a "Translate" option, and clicking that would open Google translate with the translation.

Now, with my new LG, when I select text, there's no "Translate" option.
With different apps, the menu changes. For instance, with Chrome, I see the "Translate" option.

How can I add the "Translate" option for Wikipedia app ? On new and old LG, the app version is the same.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I knew what you wanted, I just thought in lieu of that the button that translates the whole page might work for you. Anyway I can't do it either in the app. This is why I asked you to, if you still have your other device, try updating the app and try your method. They may have changed the app in some way that prevents this action. Not sure why they would do that but it happens all the time. There are threads and threads dedicated to people upset at the loss of an endeared option or feature.

One other thing you could would be to reach out to the app developer. Some of them aren't cold heartless shells of human beings and respond to feedback. There is a link at the bottom of their Play Store page where you can email them.

I'm using Gboard and the only other thing I could think to try would be using a different keyboard. I looked through my clipboard and keyboard settings and didn't see anything useful or related. But honestly, it almost has to be the app itself because it works everywhere else. Talk the dev, see that they say.

In the meantime happy Friday the 13th, be safe and best wishes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000