Non stop SPAM calls & SPAM messages. How can I get my life back?

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Some of theses carrier should start adding something strong for spam or telemarketing ect ect , like I'm on AT&T S22 Ultra 5G Snapdragon 512GB and been using Call Protection no spam or any telemarketing gets thru with AT&T Call Protection.

36adf7d2355c2965e789569170c5b60a.jpg
dd87f699b2ba10ebd4cc3dbeeb187783.jpg
32bf80a7b809038179fb8fd86615e9af.jpg
I've been thinking about using the call protect but I wasn't sure how good it worked. I guess I could try it since it's free. Lol

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Non stop SPAM calls & SPAM messages. How can I get my life back?

Some of theses carrier should start adding something strong for spam or telemarketing ect ect , like I'm on AT&T S22 Ultra 5G Snapdragon 512GB and been using Call Protection no spam or any telemarketing gets thru with AT&T Call Protection.

36adf7d2355c2965e789569170c5b60a.jpg
dd87f699b2ba10ebd4cc3dbeeb187783.jpg
32bf80a7b809038179fb8fd86615e9af.jpg
Do I have to upgrade the mobile security app to plus to use the call protection? I keep trying to open the call protect app but it won't open.

Edit: nevermind. I did an update to the app a d I believe it will work now.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

Do I have to upgrade the mobile security app to plus to use the call protection? I keep trying to open the call protect app but it won't open.

Edit: nevermind. I did an update to the app a d I believe it will work now.
I don't use AT&T Mobile Security i only use Call Protection. Screenshot_20220608-182743_Google Play Store.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
OK, I know what that is. I have only my immediate family in there. My DND comes on at 10pm and off at 7am. I would like every call to go to VM except those in my Contacts. Is there any way to do that? Thanks again.

You can turn on DND manually and just keep it on (i.e., not on a schedule). You could select it so that only people in your Contacts can interrupt DND and ring through. All other calls should get shunted to voicemail, I believe.

One problem would be that DND would silence your app notifications, but you can also choose apps that can interrupt DND.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
OK, I know what that is. I have only my immediate family in there. My DND comes on at 10pm and off at 7am. I would like every call to go to VM except those in my Contacts. Is there any way to do that? Thanks again.
If you set-up just contacts or favorite the rest should go voicemail

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

How do I get just the call protect? When I go to it in the app store it's not letting me enable just the call protection.
Can you show me pictures, cause , i can enable it without The other app.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

So package disabler had it disble if i am understanding you?
No . I looked to see if att call protect was on my list of disabled stuff and I didn't see it. I only saw the mobile security app .

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

No . I looked to see if att call protect was on my list of disabled stuff and I didn't see it. I only saw the mobile security app .

hmm very odd try doing a wipe cache on the app unless you already did that

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

hmm very odd try doing a wipe cache on the app unless you already did that
Yep. I tried that . I'll look again. I might have missed it.

Edit: yep I'm slow. I missed it. Lol ty for your help.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Can't you also use the Google Phone app instead of Samsung's? I use it instead, and it works pretty well. That's one of the Google apps I carried over from my recent Pixel.

I've never installed the Google phone app on a phone before, my phones always came with it. I thought that only certain phones came with the full pixel call screening features. Did you download it from the play store with call screening and the assistant features included? I'm going to be switching to a Samsung soon, and would love to be able to use the same Google phone app I'm running on my pixel now :D

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I've never installed the Google phone app on a phone before, my phones always came with it. I thought that only certain phones came with the full pixel call screening features. Did you download it from the play store with call screening and the assistant features included? I'm going to be switching to a Samsung soon, and would love to be able to use the same Google phone app I'm running on my pixel now :D

Yep! I downloaded it from the Play Store, and it works and acts exactly like it did on my Pixel 4 XL. Maybe I don't use all the features that you've been using, but I think it's all the same?

N2myN2

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Alright, I turned on Do Not Disturb with the Exceptions... Calls, Messages and Conversations/Calls-Contacts Only/Messages-Contacts Only/Conversations-None. Let's see what happens. I'll post results here. Thanks again.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Yep! I downloaded it from the Play Store, and it works and acts exactly like it did on my Pixel 4 XL. Maybe I don't use all the features that you've been using, but I think it's all the same?

Thanks, that's excellent to know! :D I was kinda bummed thinking I'd lose the full Google phone app experience when I switched to my Flip... it sounds like I won't have to :p

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
i found a nice app 'call blocker' which allows me to block spam calls (from hidden calls, blacklist, block all except contacts..). most importantly, you can set the block mode 'answer & hang up - does not send to voicemail'

after all, if i block a call (spam or otherwise), there is absolutely NO reason to allow it to go to voice mail.