Not receiving notification for scheduled messages

Sandrasauk

Jan 27, 2023
Visit site
In the last 2 days I have stopped receiving notifications when I schedule a message for myself. I can see that the message came through but I'm not getting a notification so if I'm not looking at my phone I miss the reminder message. Ex: I scheduled myself a message to send at 3pm. At 4 o'clock when I picked up my phone I saw the message but never received notification sound. Needless to say I missed what I was supposed to do at 3 o'clock!! My organization all relies on scheduled text messages to myself. I have not downloaded anything new in the last 2 days. My last update was Jan 15th. and I have restarted it 4 times. Also I have checked that the notification sound is on. Storage is also fine.

Any other suggestions?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I made you the owner of the original guest post to make it easier for you to find.

Just so I understand fully -- this is a message that you're sending from your own phone number to itself? I'm unable to do that on my Pixel 7 Pro, so I don't know if that's something specific to the Samsung Messages app. Maybe @mustang7757 can help here as well.

Go to Settings>Apps, select Samsung Messages, and then Notifications. Do you see your messaging to yourself as its own Conversation? If so, tap it and make sure the notification sound is set to something besides "None" or "Silent."

Also, bear in mind that if you had the Messages app open at the time the text was sent, it might not have given an audible notification tone, since many messaging apps won't do that if you have the app open when the message comes through.

Sandrasauk

Jan 27, 2023
Visit site
This is something I have done for years. I have a conversation with my phone number. I schedule a message to send in the future when I need it. It just started giving me problem since the last T Mobile update on Jan 15th. It's not just the sound I'm not getting. When you send yourself a message you see your side of the conversation and when it time to send you see the received side and hear the sound for a message received. I am not seeing the received side or hear the notification.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I made you the owner of the original guest post to make it easier for you to find.

Just so I understand fully -- this is a message that you're sending from your own phone number to itself? I'm unable to do that on my Pixel 7 Pro, so I don't know if that's something specific to the Samsung Messages app. Maybe @mustang7757 can help here as well.

Go to Settings>Apps, select Samsung Messages, and then Notifications. Do you see your messaging to yourself as its own Conversation? If so, tap it and make sure the notification sound is set to something besides "None" or "Silent."

Also, bear in mind that if you had the Messages app open at the time the text was sent, it might not have given an audible notification tone, since many messaging apps won't do that if you have the app open when the message comes through.
Sorry never scheduled a message to myself and not sure what OP means by
"My organization all relies on scheduled text messages to myself"

Can go to setting>notification>advanced>tap notification reminder and toggle on Samsung messages that way you never miss a reminder
0df4d83e4993d5ff9171090c81e403c3.jpg

Sent from my SM-F721U1 using Tapatalk