Not receiving or sending texts?

plugandplay1

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I noticed this morning that my phone (Samsung Galaxy A12) was not sending text messages, they said 'pending', not 'sent' or 'delivered'. I Googled why it could be happening and found a post suggesting just 'restarting' my phone and it would reset things.

I did restart it and bam, I received 15 texts from the past 2 days😲. I hadn't noticed I was not receiving and didn't send any myself or I would have figured this out yesterday.

Everything is OK now, but what could have happened or what did I do to cause me not receiving texts? I'm hoping I don't need to 'restart' my phone every day just to be sure everything is working. 🤔

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What carrier are you on? Are you using wi-fi calling? Some carriers have had issues with texting while on wi-fi calling.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I noticed this morning that my phone (Samsung Galaxy A12) was not sending text messages, they said 'pending', not 'sent' or 'delivered'. I Googled why it could be happening and found a post suggesting just 'restarting' my phone and it would reset things.

I did restart it and bam, I received 15 texts from the past 2 days. I hadn't noticed I was not receiving and didn't send any myself or I would have figured this out yesterday.

Everything is OK now, but what could have happened or what did I do to cause me not receiving texts? I'm hoping I don't need to 'restart' my phone every day just to be sure everything is working.

Thanks
Sometimes a restart is needed, if happens again reset network in settings under general management>reset>reset network

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes it could be a glitch, or maybe you were in an area where signal strength was poor. Do you get good signal strength in your home?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali