Note 2 Dilema

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Jude, I appreciate your comments. I almost activated the Note 2 last night but I am still trying to figure out a way to keep my unlimited data so I am being real careful before I activate it. I have two lines with unlimited data at the moment and trying to figure out a way to retain the data package.

What phone do you currently have active on your line? I think if you use the same sim card you should be okay. Don't use any sim card that came with the phone.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Roelito78

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
What phone do you currently have active on your line? I think if you use the same sim card you should be okay. Don't use any sim card that came with the phone.

I currently yhave the I phone 4 on my line and I phone 4 on my wifes. The note 2 was purchased under my number through Best Buy but have not activated the phone. I currently still show unlimited data on both of my lines.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I currently yhave the I phone 4 on my line and I phone 4 on my wifes. The note 2 was purchased under my number through Best Buy but have not activated the phone. I currently still show unlimited data on both of my lines.

Maybe if you went into a verizon store and told them what was up you could keep it.

Roelito78

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Maybe if you went into a verizon store and told them what was up you could keep it.

I doubt they would allow me to keep the unlimited data. Verizon is out to screw people. The only problem is that they offer the best service in my area so I am forced to stay with them

jugghead62

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I'll Chime in!
If you don't like it after a while, I am sure (as popular as it is) that you could post on Craigs list and get someone to do a trade with you for something you might like better. Just saying, CL is full of people wanting to do a trade or swap.
Plus as a Brand New Note 2 that is super popular right now, you won't have a problem letting someone swap. Just be sure to go to a Carrier store to do it if you feel as though someone is trying to swindle you.
I find it to be a wonderful phone. Like some of the others, as my job travels, outdoors alot etc. I might look down the road at something smaller. Such as the Razr Maxx hd. The reviews are great with it plus the battery life is a must for me.
Again, try it and if you end up not wanting it, post on CL or even here on the site. Many will want it!
Good luck with your decision.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
The new phone needs to be activated on either a basic line or a line with the new data plans already then you can move it to your unlimited line.

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Im actually considering trading my dna to a friend for a note 2. Not too sure about it yet because i do like the DNA just as much. Maybe an s3? Haha.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I doubt they would allow me to keep the unlimited data. Verizon is out to screw people. The only problem is that they offer the best service in my area so I am forced to stay with them

I don't understand why Verizon is out to screw people just because they no longer offer unlimited data. As long as you don't lose it out of no where it's not really being screwed. If Verizon took it away mid-contract and wouldn't let you out then yes, you would be screwed. I know the feeling is there but it's not really.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

SQUINTS1

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Well can I say something? I have had a i4 for 2 years and my wife and her sister are die hard apple fan's. To be honest I will never go back to a iPhone for many reasons like size,it's so hard to see things on it.as far as android vs ios6 user friendly garbage I have played with my note 2 for couple of hours and have it set up nice and the way I want it vs the non changing apple junk, also as far as glitchy it's way faster than any iPhone I have messed with and has slot of nice features I thought that would be less then apple has I was wrong don't believe the hype that is surrounded by apple and it's products, try it out if you must but believe me the note 2 is a way better phone in so many ways. And Yes use it for a while jelly bean is easy to use even for x-apple people Lol. BEST DAMN PHONE EVER!!!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand why Verizon is out to screw people just because they no longer offer unlimited data. As long as you don't lose it out of no where it's not really being screwed. If Verizon took it away mid-contract and wouldn't let you out then yes, you would be screwed. I know the feeling is there but it's not really.

If they decide to take it away mid contract that breaches the terms of the signed agreement. This means you can walk away with no ETF.

If this was something they wanted to do I would bet they wouldn't tell you, just make sure you keep up with how your account looks :)

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Jude, I appreciate your comments. I almost activated the Note 2 last night but I am still trying to figure out a way to keep my unlimited data so I am being real careful before I activate it. I have two lines with unlimited data at the moment and trying to figure out a way to retain the data package.

You're welcome

sent from my awesome Galaxy Note2

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
If they decide to take it away mid contract that breaches the terms of the signed agreement. This means you can walk away with no ETF.

If this was something they wanted to do I would bet they wouldn't tell you, just make sure you keep up with how your account looks :)

I'm not sure about that. Isn't the data package a feature which isn't covered by contract? I could be wrong though

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Data is in the contract. Its what those of us on corporate discounts are discounted for.

sent from my awesome Galaxy Note2

AZSALUKI

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Android really has come a long way. I'm a fan but I will admit that it's had it's share of bugs. However, ive had 4 androids and I can honestly say this is the most ridiculously smooth and flawless android that I've had. I was never a fan of samsung or touchwiz but I got my wife the gsiii last fall and ended up begging her for it until I finally just got the note ii. It really is as smooth as a phone could possibly be. You'll be surprised if it's been a couple years since you used an android.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000