Note 20 looks like the Note 10

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
My local Best Buy has working display models of the Note 20 for both models. I played with the Ultra model for awhile. It looks and feels just like the Note 10 plus. Only thing of immediate difference is the design of the camera on the rear, the buttons are now on the right side with no buttons on the left, still has a curved screen, ugh. The Ultra is exactly the same size as the Note 10 plus. Only major difference that is a noteworthy upgrade is the 5G signal, otherwise everything else seems the same as my Note 10 plus.

Attachments

• 20200810_171018.jpg
    20200810_171018.jpg
    437.8 KB · Views: 39
  • 20200810_170843.jpg
    20200810_170843.jpg
    397.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 20200810_170348.jpg
    20200810_170348.jpg
    479.3 KB · Views: 40

sbhnet

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Dang it! Why so they keep moving the buttons?? Does it feel heavier? I was thinking of going, but everyone's pictures makes me think it's the same color as my Microsoft Surface Laptop's "sand" color. That works for me. I like my Note 10+, but have been kicking myself for not getting the 5G. Now I can't find one.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
It actually is not exactly the same size. The N20U is just a tad taller and wider. But very minimal difference indeed.

sbhnet

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
I see the s pen has been moved to probably accommodate the new camera module maybe.

Not sure that's the best placement for me.
I feel the same way. And after some soul searching, I changed my mind and found a 10+ 5g on ebay. Turns out I only really liked the color. The specs aren't radically different and the camera isn't enough to suck me in. Let's see what the N21+/Ultra has.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I feel the same way. And after some soul searching, I changed my mind and found a 10+ 5g on ebay. Turns out I only really liked the color. The specs aren't radically different and the camera isn't enough to suck me in. Let's see what the N21+/Ultra has.

"Let's see what the N21+/Ultra has."

Hopefully the newest Snapdragon chipset for us Uk / europe customers ;)

Think I'm sticking with my Note10+ 5G for now too.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site

You won't regret the Note 10 plus 5G that's guaranteed, it really is the best device ever

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

I always wonder why users are so concerned with the color of the phone. Unless you are carrying your phone naked without a carry case, you won't see the color on the back of the phone. Well, unless you are using a clear see through carry case.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
It actually is not exactly the same size. The N20U is just a tad taller and wider. But very minimal difference indeed.

I'm guessing there must be tiny...and I mean tiny...differences in dimensions and weight. I put my Note 10+ phone against the Note 20 Ultra phone and it appeared identical to me...well, except the fact my phone had a carry case on whereas the Ultra phone display model didn't. I didn't feel like taking the hassle to remove my carry case off my phone for a better comparison. My unscientific observation was that the 2 phones are identical in size/dimensions. I swear if you put your Note 10+ phone side by side next to a Note 20 Ultra, you couldn't tell the difference from the top side view. Having played around with the new Ultra phone for 10 minutes, I still couldn't tell the difference! I was underwhelmed. By the way, web browsing appeared to be quite snappy on the Ultra...maybe it was the faster 5G internet connection.

sbhnet

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
I always wonder why users are so concerned with the color of the phone. Unless you are carrying your phone naked without a carry case, you won't see the color on the back of the phone. Well, unless you are using a clear see through carry case.

Unless you always buy a black phone (I stopped doing that years ago) it doesn't matter what case you use. I tend to use a clear case. Why buy a phone that's not black then hide it?

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing there must be tiny...and I mean tiny...differences in dimensions and weight.

I hear you - it's so close and it just a tiny difference. I was just going by the actual specs listed. I have some Note 20 Ultra cases and my Note 10+ almost fits in them perfectly.

samsung_specs.jpg

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I'm not sure how much further Samsung could take the aesthetics of the Note line apart from much bigger sizes of display which I'm not sure if many will want that and maybe rounded to more boxier corners or visa versa.

What counts to me is what's under the hood in advancement.

Snapdragon chipsets is what we need to see across the board.

If we had this chipset in the Uk Samsung Note 20 Ultra then I would have pre ordered without a 2nd thought from Samsung.

Now I'm waiting for reviews to see what it's like in the wild.

Stay Safe.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheRepairGuy