Note 3 unlocked

philosopherisdog

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Which version is the United States unlocked version (LTE as well)?

I am looking around Amazon and I see several different versions, the N9005, N9000, etc....

I'm thinking of buying one to use on AIO wireless and this is a headache....

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't think Samsung officially sells an unlocked model meant for use on all domestic GSM carriers. The Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is factory sim unlocked but doesn't contain all the bands like an unlocked 5s would. Which carrier are you looking at? If aio then get the att version, though it is locked. There are ways to unlock by acquiring a code or using the region unlock method.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You could try buying one at an AT&T store for full price and asking for it to be unlocked as well.. Then it would work on AIO without an issue.

Just not sure if AT&T would allow this.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

philosopherisdog

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently on Verizon (UDP grandfathered).

I want to do a month on AIO and see how I like it without giving up my UDP.

I'm also interested in the Note 3, and seeing that I'd like to try out a phone on AIO, I figured this was as good as any (or maybe the Lg G2).

philosopherisdog

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
You could try buying one at an AT&T store for full price and asking for it to be unlocked as well.. Then it would work on AIO without an issue.

Just not sure if AT&T would allow this.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

I'd prefer to buy a used Note 3 than pay full price (plus taxes). Maybe this is too complicated.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'd prefer to buy a used Note 3 than pay full price (plus taxes). Maybe this is too complicated.

AFAIK there isn't an unlocked att version, but if you buy used, you can see who is selling it unlocked. Make sure it is the att version or you may not get 4glte on aio.

philosopherisdog

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
AFAIK there isn't an unlocked att version, but if you buy used, you can see who is selling it unlocked. Make sure it is the att version or you may not get 4glte on aio.

Thanks. So the Tmobile version would NOT work on AIO?

Is there a list of AIO Wireless compatible smartphones (and their specific model numbers) out there?

I thought it was as simple as finding a GSM phone that was unlocked, but when i started researching the Note 3, I found out it was more complicated than that.

Alain_A

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Which version is the United States unlocked version (LTE as well)?

I am looking around Amazon and I see several different versions, the N9005, N9000, etc....

I'm thinking of buying one to use on AIO wireless and this is a headache....

look at the thread for fake note 3 before you buy

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. So the Tmobile version would NOT work on AIO?

Is there a list of AIO Wireless compatible smartphones (and their specific model numbers) out there?

I thought it was as simple as finding a GSM phone that was unlocked, but when i started researching the Note 3, I found out it was more complicated than that.

Tmobile would work but needs to be unlocked
Tmobile = 900t(must be unlocked)
Att=900a

Either one would work. The att one would not have to be unlocked to work on AIO.

Verizon =900v=no 4GLTE on aio, but would work

uploadfromtaptalk1393884789954.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerryDragon015