Note 4 home button a little bit uneven?

67srbell

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else have a home button that moves ever so slightly when you touch it on either side?

It works perfectly, but like previous Samsung devices in the past, has a home button that is a little clicky/wobbly/uneven sometimes (ie not every time). You have to be very OCD to feel it, so I guess that I'm OCD.

Others in the past have said that if sweat/moisture/etc gets in around the home button that that can cause the button to feel a little loose.

Andrawer

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Yes. It's been driving me nuts as it just started (day 12) and is kinda hard to perceive.

One thing i do notice if if I slide my finger left then right with slight pressure on the home key it rocks and clicks even though I haven't pressed down. So sometimes I feel like it double clicks??
I don't know if it's always been this way or if I'm crazy imagining things.

Of course I'm sure BestBuy would think I'm nuts...but they don't have stock for replacement anyway. Probably will just live with it and if gets worse send it to SAMSUNG.
Oh well.

Posted via the Android Central App

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
My note 3 had the same thing. It bugged me for a while but then I got over it. It didn't get any worse and it still had 100 % functionality. My boyfriend is using the phone now and I doubt he's even noticed it lol

Posted from my S5

67srbell

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I mean, I think that I know why it is like this: the home button is essentially built like a see-saw-the actual button is under our long home button and is only in the middle part. Therefore, the sides can shift if pressed. Oh well

67srbell

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes. It's been driving me nuts as it just started (day 12) and is kinda hard to perceive.

One thing i do notice if if I slide my finger left then right with slight pressure on the home key it rocks and clicks even though I haven't pressed down. So sometimes I feel like it double clicks??
I don't know if it's always been this way or if I'm crazy imagining things.

Of course I'm sure BestBuy would think I'm nuts...but they don't have stock for replacement anyway. Probably will just live with it and if gets worse send it to SAMSUNG.
Oh well.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mine is identical. At least we know that it is just not our specific devices.

Andrawer

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I exchanged my black note 4 last night...the home button feels as it should in the new one but wonder how long it will last.
All prior galaxy phones I've owned didn't have this problem (note, note 2, 3 s3 or s5).

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
my Note 3 had a wobbly home button, but I was pleasantly surprised to see that my Note 4 does not have this issue. Love this smartphone.

Scribbled from the mighty pen of my Galaxy Note 4!

honey_bee_33

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else have a home button that moves ever so slightly when you touch it on either side?

It works perfectly, but like previous Samsung devices in the past, has a home button that is a little clicky/wobbly/uneven sometimes (ie not every time). You have to be very OCD to feel it, so I guess that I'm OCD.

Others in the past have said that if sweat/moisture/etc gets in around the home button that that can cause the button to feel a little loose.
My home button is perfect but my volume rocker buttons are a little wobbly to me.

girls love tech too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treyrday86