Note 4 SD Read/Write Speeds

TaterMay

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know what speeds our Note 4s read/write to/from SD. I'm about to order an SD card, and I would like to get something fast, but I don't want to waste money on a faster card than I can actually use.

Posted via the Android Central App

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I have put 2 different Sandisk 64gb class 10 cards in mine & both have had issues. I got a Sandisk 64gb Extreme today that I will try with the new VZ Note 4 replacement when it comes. The Class 10 is about $35 & the Extreme is about $75 .... I would get the Extreme from Amazon!

Cheers, Jon
Does anyone know what speeds our Note 4s read/write to/from SD. I'm about to order an SD card, and I would like to get something fast, but I don't want to waste money on a faster card than I can actually use.

TaterMay

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I have put 2 different Sandisk 64gb class 10 cards in mine & both have had issues. I got a Sandisk 64gb Extreme today that I will try with the new VZ Note 4 replacement when it comes. The Class 10 is about $35 & the Extreme is about $75 .... I would get the Extreme from Amazon!

Cheers, Jon

I'm leaning towards the Samsung cards. Not sure if the PRO speeds could be reached by the phone or not. I've seen several people on here saying the phone is the bottleneck, but i haven't seen any actual evidence.

bokehsan

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site

None of the current phones support the fast UHS-I speeds, so you won't see those 90MB/s read/write speeds. There's no point in getting a fast card unless you intend to remove it from the phone and use a USB 3.0 card reader to do your transferring.

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Verizon & Samsung don't know either ... they are replacing the phone & I like the speed anyway for my GoPro Hero Black, so I may as well try it with my Note 4 first ;) Not going to put it in my existing Note 4, because one of the cards turned to toast & unusable & the other seems like it's going down the same path!

Cheers, Jon

lostsoul2

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
sorry.. yes its a-1. I tried that other one major one people use but it doesnt seem to work on my phone at all. like others said.. you will not get 80MB write on phones. From what I have seen 20 or low 20s is about the max. Even though other class 10's should have enough to cover anything on the phone I would like to see how much of a lag there is between one that writes at 20 and one that does at 10. do like a 3-4 min 4K file and see.. who has a 128G and want to test with me? I dont think it just throws it to the sd card.. maybe get on internal ram then processes to sd??..

TaterMay

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Ended up going with the Samsung PRO 64GB card. Delivers today. Will check read/write speeds to see if the phone can actually use the extra speed. Will post results.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilliejoylene