Note 5 "Issues" since Marshmallow

hypnospastic

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping someone can help shed some light on two issues I've had with my Note 5 since the Marshmallow update.

It has to do with SVoiceProvider. After any restart of my phone, I am prompted with a message that reads "You need to download and install SVoiceProvider. You will be taken to the download screen."

Once I press "Download" it fails with the message "This app is not available for your device. (com.samsung.svoiceprovider:2290:4002)"

I've done a factory reset and install on my phone and it hasn't fixed it so I am not sure what else to do. If it can't be fixed, I'm prepared to live with it until the next Note is released which shouldn't be too terribly long, just thought I would ask around.

My second issue is with Google Play Store. Lately when I try to preview music in the store, I am greeted with a grey triangle with an exclamation point in the middle. I know that I can go in and clear cache when this happens but is there is a more permanent fix for this?

Regarding my phone...it is a T-Mobile Note 5 with Android Version 6.0.1

Thanks in advance!

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I would suggest bringing it to a Best Buy Samsung Counter, if you're near one....and have them reflash the software. Might have a corrupt copy of MM. Its possible.

Otherwise, I would contact Samsung Support and see what they say, as I would believe this would be covered under warranty.

Chris

drbillrdavis1

Jun 21, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the EXACT same issue. Have you figured anything out yet? I'm so I OVER this message...

I'm hoping someone can help shed some light on two issues I've had with my Note 5 since the Marshmallow update.

It has to do with SVoiceProvider. After any restart of my phone, I am prompted with a message that reads "You need to download and install SVoiceProvider. You will be taken to the download screen."

Once I press "Download" it fails with the message "This app is not available for your device. (com.samsung.svoiceprovider:2290:4002)"

I've done a factory reset and install on my phone and it hasn't fixed it so I am not sure what else to do. If it can't be fixed, I'm prepared to live with it until the next Note is released which shouldn't be too terribly long, just thought I would ask around.

My second issue is with Google Play Store. Lately when I try to preview music in the store, I am greeted with a grey triangle with an exclamation point in the middle. I know that I can go in and clear cache when this happens but is there is a more permanent fix for this?

Regarding my phone...it is a T-Mobile Note 5 with Android Version 6.0.1

Thanks in advance!

hypnospastic

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I totally agree with you! I don't have time to go here and go there or possibly have it replaced. I figure that we are so close to the new Note's release, I will just stick it out.

athomas917

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I never really cared for S voice. I just disabled it and went with Google voice. Much better experience.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jedi2155

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Have the exact same issuewith no fix yet...thought I would her rid of it with my note 7 but we all know how that went......

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos