Note 7 - Battery Issue (Discussion Here)

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
But what if I keep it in the box and use my back up until replacements come. I want to make sure I can replace it and not have to wait and buy it again and receive it in almost November like those people who will be newly purchasing it for the first time.

This. As best I understand it, Sprint is only giving 3 options. 1) Exchange it permanently 2) Exchange it for a new Note 7 (whenever its available) or 3) Return it...

They will not allow you to temporarily exchange with a 7 Edge (for example) and exchange that for the new Note 7.

So I am keeping mine for s while to see how this shakes out...

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: New Note 7s not going on sale until late Oct??? Link inside.

I thought some replacements were already shipped and on the way to the carriers?

I should have pre ordered that iPhone this morning. :p

That is what I'm doing tonight or this weekend. I'm ordering from apple though so when its here in a few weeks I can do in store pickup and not have to worry about it being left at home if my parents are gone. If I get 32gb version I actually will come out ahead of it all. Hopefully ATT lets me return my 53 dollar case.

Getting the gov involved we won't get replacements for awhile now.

angelh0809

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site

The latest official Statements from Samsung suggest that this weekend or the week of September 12th carriers and partners should have new Galaxy Note 7 units to give customers, as they trade in defective units. That’s only for those that bought the Note 7, and we’ve yet to hear when it will go back on sale for the general public.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

In the US? or overseas?

If the US yeah dont hold your breath.

In other parts of the world it might be sooner because they dont have a CPSC
In the United States! I know those overseas that was supposed to have a release before the recall will have to wait longer. Until the recall devices are fulfilled first.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

The latest official Statements from Samsung suggest that this weekend or the week of September 12th carriers and partners should have new Galaxy Note 7 units to give customers, as they trade in defective units. That’s only for those that bought the Note 7, and we’ve yet to hear when it will go back on sale for the general public.

Dont hold your breath on that. The press release was before CPSC gote involved.

CPSC took 6 full months to do their recall of the hoverboard fiasco.

You wont see Note 7's around for a while. COunt on that.

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

I paid to upgrade early soley for the Note 7. Wouldnt Habe done so for another selection that's avail now. I traded in my note 5 and mailed it off last week. Now I am screwed. Wish I had my Note 5 back until more devices were released. No way am I going to Apple. Nothing against Apple, I have had android since day one.

Wife settled for the s7edge. Hope that's not my last resort..

I just don't know what to do, I know this is life but Samsung's solutions at this moment suck, downgrade to an s7 or borrow a POS for half a year. LOL, we got boned on this purchase!!!

afolgueira

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Since there is a .0000175% chance of my phone actually catching fire, I'm keeping my Note 7 until I get a replacement right away. If situations like this get overblown like this we may be paying $2000 dollar for a phone soon. Common sense people 35 cases out of 2,000,000. Better chance of winning money tonight on the lotto.

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

Since there is a .0000175% chance of my phone actually catching fire, I'm keeping my Note 7 until I get a replacement right away. If situations like this get overblown like this we may be paying $2000 dollar for a phone soon. Common sense people 35 cases out of 2,000,000. Better chance of winning money tonight on the lotto.

Beyond 35 now. I believe every day a new Note 7 battery explosion story hits the news. And thats only the ones reported. I guess it's no big deal until it happens to you, your family or your hard earned possessions vanish in a fire.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

Although I got my phone through Verizon, since I was at Target with my wife. I decided to ask the Target Mobile guy about when will they receive The New Replacement Note 7's. He said that they will be in on Wednesday the same as my local Verizon store. They will call those that already purchased an Note 7 first.

afolgueira

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

right with a media so hungry for stories, this would be front page news, if you are so afraid of a lithium battery exploding, get rid of your drills laptops bluetooth headseats, pretty much everything . By the way many other phones have caught fire too, nobody cared

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

Not Afraid of lithium batteries in drills laptops bluetooth headseats, pretty much everything else because any of those item I may have... Non of those manufacturers have reported faulty batteries and issued recalls. Samsung has. And I'm guessing the number incidences reported has gone up since the initial number.

right with a media so hungry for stories, this would be front page news, if you are so afraid of a lithium battery exploding, get rid of your drills laptops bluetooth headseats, pretty much everything . By the way many other phones have caught fire too, nobody cared

afolgueira

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

I have this feeling that some of the explosions are made up, that Jeep story sounds a little fishy to me . Just in case I'm only using the Samsung charger to charge my note 7

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Beyond 35 now. I believe every day a new Note 7 battery explosion story hits the news. And thats only the ones reported. I guess it's no big deal until it happens to you, your family or your hard earned possessions vanish in a fire.

I am not buying it and wager some are trying to make some fast bucks riding on the IMO concocted hysteria. In fact, I bet some will not have gotten the memo and even when the "good ones" ship, hysteria bait free, Jeeps still will catch fire, etc. Funny and sad.

shadoweave

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site

I have this feeling that some of the explosions are made up, that Jeep story sounds a little fishy to me . Just in case I'm only using the Samsung charger to charge my note 7

Nah. My friends went up the other day. Sammy would never do a global recall to the tune of 1 Billion unless it was serious. Common sense.

afolgueira

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

like the government would not get involve and make them do so like they did with the toyotas that supposedly were speeding by themselves that was never prooved.

afolgueira

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

just spoke with ATT, replacements will come in sometime in OCT Samsung double checking everything!

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Nah. My friends went up the other day. Sammy would never do a global recall to the tune of 1 Billion unless it was serious. Common sense.

Agreed it is serious, just not the mini claymores being asserted and some of the incidents seem dubious. The point is Samsung gave their retail partners discretion and stating okay to use the devices until replacements are available. No litigious $en$itive company is going to tell customers okay to use if there was even a hint of chance for super splosion' action the media (Gizmodo as example) are perpetuating.

afolgueira

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

well so far for me 35 cases is nothing, I'll keep charging the phone with the samsung charger, not let it get to 100% and don't leave it unattended, funny thing is if this was the note 4 all they have to do is send replacement batteries.

wboyce58

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site

I was told at Verizon today that the customers with the note 7 will get them first and they should start getting them in on Monday.