Note 9 to have a FLAT screen!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Flat screen matters. It means it is easier to hold, write on the edges, and will hold a glass screen protector properly

ken johnson7

Apr 26, 2018
Visit site
I have never been a fan of curved screens other than the looks! They are very pretty! The disadvantage is that the edges are very difficult to protect adequately on a drop (regardless of case style) And the keyboard sensitivity in the curve portions of the screen are NEVER as good... I have owned several curved Samsung phones. NONE of them are as sensitive to touch in the "1,q,a and upper case and number select (123) portion of the screen while wearing screen protectors (I have tried several of them as well). Seems plastic film types won't stay on, glass types are easily cracked and insensitive!

veilside25

Apr 26, 2018
Visit site
Curved screen makes the phone looks futuristic. I can never ever go back to flat one. Please maintain and improvise the the curved screens, Samsung!!!

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Flat screens will return with folding and soft screens. I can't wait.
If the soft screen is anything like the LG Flex screen they can keep that garbage. Now if it comes as some of the concepts show with 3 separate screen then that would be interesting.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
If the soft screen is anything like the LG Flex screen they can keep that garbage. Now if it comes as some of the concepts show with 3 separate screen then that would be interesting.
The flex screen was a joke. Samsung is working on the real deal that really flexes more than a couple of mm

str3tchb0y

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I have the note 8 and that is THE one thing I don't like, the curved edges. The reason for me is that when I am looking at it with lights above and I get glare, I can move the phone to ease the glare but the curves leave a glare line along the curve hiding the outside edge of the screen. If the screen were flat I would not have this issue.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
No kidding. Maybe add "Rumor" in front of it. All Note9 news is typically rumors at this stage anyways. It's click bait!
It's not even a rumor. There is absolutely nothing suggesting the Note 9 might get a flat screen. This whole thread was started based on an article that was written about a different phone. It's just a hope or a wish, that's it.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Note this year, it will be next year.
I am sorry to disappoint you, the note 9 will be like the note 8. I have got the datas about it, and i bet in 20K for the datas
Yup, just like most of the other rumors - not going to happen - although this particular rumor only existed in this thread and nowhere else.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Why does the chinese and Koreans get all the better phones with more ram and memory? Why don't they want the American or European consumer to have the better phones?

Because their character set requires two bytes per character instead of one.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site

I never knew that, kinda makes sense though but I've often wondered why we couldn't get the highest ram and storage options, here in Ireland even dual sim option you don't often see

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 11, 2013
Visit site

The different character sets do not make a substantial difference to memory use. Anyway, phones are normally pre-programmed with a large number of languages - check out the language settings in your own phone.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soikeobong2024