Nougat 7.1 Dev preview bugs?

Leemo26

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
Comment your thoughts on my battery life, Thanks! (7.1.1) Any tips would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 12943.jpg
    12943.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 45

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
tricky thing is... there are a million moving parts that determine your own battery performance. Everything from the apps you have loaded, your signal strengths, to how much you drive around town.

I mean, for me, personally, I can see anywhere from over 5 hours of SOT over 36 or more hours to 3:30 or so over just 18.... It all depends on what I am doing.

That's why, other than trying to find rogue apps, I don't really give any battery 'tips' other than 'charge early and charge often'. Get yourself a nice USB-C PD battery pack for travel and have a charger at home and in your office, etc.... Let your phone be smart, don't turn stuff off. I cringe when I see people talk about turning this service off or that feature.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting better stand by than you, SoT here is around 1 hr and 15mins...this is average performance in my opinion. Everything is on including Bluetooth, wifi, location, screen at 20%

Attachments

• 14336.jpg
    14336.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 34

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Comment your thoughts on my battery life
The History details is the most telling:
- your cellular signal is pretty marginal, which will lower your battery life
- the phone is Awake more than the Screen on time accounts for (probably the Facebook app; you could try using a browser for that for awhile just to see if that's the culprit)

You could try using some other tools to determine what you can do to improve your overall battery life.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
The History details is the most telling:
- your cellular signal is pretty marginal, which will lower your battery life
- the phone is Awake more than the Screen on time accounts for (probably the Facebook app; you could try using a browser for that for awhile just to see if that's the culprit)

You could try using some other tools to determine what you can do to improve your overall battery life.

Facebook messenger is a battery hog from my previous experience, haven't used Facebook in a year or so but my battery definitely improved one I got rid of FB all together.

Also, I do see a noticeable difference in my commute which has a bunch of bad signal spots. In that time I find I'm using my battery most, other than when I'm playing class royale lol.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Facebook messenger is a battery hog from my previous experience, haven't used Facebook in a year or so but my battery definitely improved one I got rid of FB all together.

Also, I do see a noticeable difference in my commute which has a bunch of bad signal spots. In that time I find I'm using my battery most, other than when I'm playing class royale lol.

Attachments

• 14348.jpg
    14348.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 31