*Obligatory 'I ordered my Pixel 4' thread!

Ranny99

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Itchy fingers and a few pounds in my pocket, got on ebay on boxing day. Was after a 4 but missed out on a used locked 64gb as it went up to much. So got looking and picked up a brand new sealed white 64gb 4 XL for £510. A youtech upright wireless charger and a couple of cases and I'm sorted.

Initial thoughts, that flat screen and proper sides means it just feels right in the hand. Set 90 refresh rate permanently on and to be honest it feels faster or at least as responsive as my Oneplus 7 pro.

Daft bit is I replaced my previous 128gb Vivo Nex S, with a 256gb Oneplus 7 pro because I thought I had storage issues, now I have to survive with 64gb. High res audio and a few hundred gb of audiobooks to work through, eat space. Almost bought a 512gb note 10+.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Itchy fingers and a few pounds in my pocket, got on ebay on boxing day. Was after a 4 but missed out on a used locked 64gb as it went up to much. So got looking and picked up a brand new sealed white 64gb 4 XL for £510. A youtech upright wireless charger and a couple of cases and I'm sorted.

Initial thoughts, that flat screen and proper sides means it just feels right in the hand. Set 90 refresh rate permanently on and to be honest it feels faster or at least as responsive as my Oneplus 7 pro.

Daft bit is I replaced my previous 128gb Vivo Nex S, with a 256gb Oneplus 7 pro because I thought I had storage issues, now I have to survive with 64gb. High res audio and a few hundred gb of audiobooks to work through, eat space. Almost bought a 512gb note 10+.
That I agree , pixel 4xl feels just as responsive as 1+7pro

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Since it is obligatory,
9UcPCy4.gif
here goes.

Since the nearest store (best buy) to purchase this phone is about 84 miles away, via two-lane highways (although it is nice and sunny, but cold), and the price was basically a few cents cheaper:D via Amazon, they get the sale (again).

No discounts via a provider since I run on US Mobile, which uses Verizon towers, and Verizon's network is the only thing that works around here other than a sat phone.

UPS till most likely drop off around 8:00 PM on Wednesday; provided we don't have too much snow Mon/Tues as predicted.

Pixel 4XL.jpg

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Since it is obligatory,
9UcPCy4.gif
here goes.

Since the nearest store (best buy) to purchase this phone is about 84 miles away, via two-lane highways (although it is nice and sunny, but cold), and the price was basically a few cents cheaper:D via Amazon, they get the sale (again).

No discounts via a provider since I run on US Mobile, which uses Verizon towers, and Verizon's network is the only thing that works around here other than a sat phone.

UPS till most likely drop off around 8:00 PM on Wednesday; provided we don't have too much snow Mon/Tues as predicted.

View attachment 317643
Enjoy your new phone. The improvements from the feature drops have enhanced it's functionality and it is a great buy. Love the new motion gestures for play and pause too.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Received last night around 8PM. Opened it up and placed it on the charger and this AM spend time setting it up, installing a glass screen protector and ESR clear case. So far, I really like it. I like the fact there is NO quirky interface like on the LG G7 I just set on a table and will put up on Swappa next week. (G7 was a reliable phone, never had a problem with it; other than the interface drove me crazier than I am normally.)

Feels perfect in my hand, face unlock works great, and the two pictures I have taken look good and sharp. I'll take some tomorrow when walking the dogs at 5AM. Check out those night photos.

Looks like a keeper.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
After 10 years of owning Moto phones only (just about every Droid brand ever sold and all 4 versions of Moto Z) I went ahead and bought a Pixel 4XL. I have been considering buying a Pixel for a few years, and found a great deal on Swappa, so I bought it. After buying my wife a Pixel 3a to replace her dying Z3, I realized there is something really cool about the "Pixel experience" that goes beyond specs on paper. I just spent the day setting up my new phone, along with a new smartwatch to replace my dying Moto 360 Gen 2. So far...I really like it, seems like an awesome phone. There are a few things about the Moto App I will miss, and some things I still have to get used to; but all in all I am very happy with this phone. I think I am now a Pixel owner forever.

bonnie100th

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
Well guys... I'd been out of this forums since I purchased my flawless Pixel 2 XL, couple of years ago.
Still works like a champ in inmaculate condition, but today I pull the trigger and ordered a black Pixel 4 XL. Lets begin the fun!!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Well guys... I'd been out of this forums since I purchased my flawless Pixel 2 XL, couple of years ago.
Still works like a champ in inmaculate condition, but today I pull the trigger and ordered a black Pixel 4 XL. Lets begin the fun!!
Welcome back, and congrats , great phone

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I just bit the bullet and spent over $900 for a oh so orange 4xl on Amazon. I had it when it first came out, but as always I was lured away by another phone, Regretted returning it, but when I decided to go back to it, the orange was no longer available so I forgot about it. could've got the white or black for half the price though. Just something about that orange. Limited edition which made it much more expensive. One day I'll learn to pick a phone and stick with it.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I just bit the bullet and spent over $900 for a oh so orange 4xl on Amazon. I had it when it first came out, but as always I was lured away by another phone, Regretted returning it, but when I decided to go back to it, the orange was no longer available so I forgot about it. could've got the white or black for half the price though. Just something about that orange. Limited edition which made it much more expensive. One day I'll learn to pick a phone and stick with it.
Glad you got your new phone. That orange is divine.

_YoKolorMeBadd

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Extremely late to the party. Bought a pixel 4 barely black from Verizon. Like it so far. It's gonna be my secondary device. My primary is a iPhone 11.