Official Facebook not Syncing thread

Sarge1721

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Mine took about 30 mins to do all my contacts... Let the phone sit and do its thing for a min and hopefully you get the pics too.... Glad it helped you out...

Yeah I did that and still no pics. When I goto my address book and go over to FB friends or whatever it is. It tells me I don't have any friends. Which makes me feel like my phone is making fun of me?!? :p So I'm not sure what to do. I've re-sync'ed a few times and still no pics. Any ideas?

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I did that and still no pics. When I goto my address book and go over to FB friends or whatever it is. It tells me I don't have any friends. Which makes me feel like my phone is making fun of me?!? :p So I'm not sure what to do. I've re-sync'ed a few times and still no pics. Any ideas?

Same thing here. It is telling me that I don't have any Facebook friends. I think that the Facebook application has something wrong with it. I wouldn't be surprised if there is an update soon. The same thing happened with my BlackBerry a while back with the Facebook application. After an update, all if the issues were solved.

wsrep

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Try this guys it worked for me some didnt give a detailed explanation as to what they did so I tried to give one...

k guy's not sure if this will work for everyone, concerning syncing with the evo with facebook using friend stream but it worked for me... Log out of facebook on your evo.. Settings-Accounts &Synce- Facebook- Logout... go into your FB on the computer and edit info on your profile on facebook... Enter your job and the city in which you do your job and also your school, not sure if it really matters about the school you attended but I did (I didnt put my real job either cuz I dont put that out there so I just put none of your business lol)..switch your mobile off for about 2 mins then turn it back on and log in again using friend stream.... Got my contacts back... well some of them it seems I dont think my phone is finished syncing yet...

(Edit) They all synced fine...

i actually just signed off FB sense and tried your method. when i rebooted my phone and signed back in, it wouldnt let me sign in. did it a few times still wouldnt sign in. so i went back on FB on the comp and deleted my school and job profile and i synced up FB sense and was able to log back in. but the contacts still wouldnt sync (no friends listed). after this i just added my job and school info on FB (without signing out of FB Sense) and out of nowhere all the FB contacts started syncing!!! tnx for the heads up even though i had to do it differently from yours lol

bluediablito

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
1up this work.............my step
delete the sync facebook . go into face book and change job info and the turn off the phone for 2mn+ and then came back and added the facebook and bam it took some time but it work.

thnks youngzayiles

blkhwkz

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Mine is working now and I did nothing. Running stock, not rooted. Phone has been sitting here charging while I work and I just noticed it was working again. Was still getting the connection error an hour ago.

cdaniel76

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Woke up this morning with an update notification. Facebook for Sense was one of the updates. Ran the update and my contacts and Facebook Widget are syncing and working just fine now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174