official HTC Tweet

b0ricua

May 24, 2010
Visit site
On the AC front page:

"Though there is a chance it'll look on longingly when other Sprint Evo 4Gs get the official Android 2.2 update, still slated for release this week. The good news is that what you read above is correct. If you applied the unofficial build that leaked late last week (see our hands-on), HTC's working to catch you back up with an official over-the-air update. Don't know when, but the fact that it has said so -- and said so publicly -- bodes well for everybody."

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Were ther any reported issues ... Mine is running SMOOTHER than silk ... Hell There will probably be more issues with the OFFICIAL release than there are with the UNOFFICIAL release.

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Were there any reported issues with the early release ... Mine is running SMOOTHER than silk ... Hell There will probably be more issues with the OFFICIAL release than there are with the UNOFFICIAL release.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Well my "Unofficial" 2.2 version does every thing that Google, Sprint and HTC have said it was going to do (Minus the "FREE" tether option Google put in there and Sprint removed) if you go to the official Google Android 2.2 page (Android 2.2 Platform | Android Developers) even Google clearly states it's a "MINOR" upgrade from 2.1.

Those of us who made the jump just took a mild risk that it was going to work. What do the people who waited for an official update from Sprint think they are going to get that we don't all ready have????

Do you think Sprint is going to reward you with a free car kit (that rumor has is pushed back to mid September) a free months service or free tether/hot spot because you were good and didn't load an official update that got leaked???

Sprint INTERNAL MEMO'S stated that it was going to be released to select few on 7.30.10, on 7.30.10 Sprint had their press release that starting the week of August 1 it would start rolling it out to customers in waves finishing up by mid-month. Some of the "Select Few" from the internal memo leaked it.....

I have had the "Unofficial" update since Friday and it's working great... Slightly worse battery life but nothing major... I have lost 15% of the battery life I had before... Other than that it works great.... Flawless, smooth as butter..... I have not had my camera or web browser or any thing crash since I updated....

Now that being said there is NOTHING wrong with waiting for Sprint to push it out OTA.. It was a real hard choice for me.. I put the file on the phone at 6pm and didn't pull the trigger to run the file until almost 10pm... I debated back and forth and in all honesty it made no difference in my life to get it 5 days early.

Once it's OFFICIALLY release I bet 90% of the people who waited will be on here complaining (as some who jumped on it Friday have been) that it was nothing major and they don't see any difference between 2.1 and 2.2.... because honestly there are few differences you can physically see....

SdotJ

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Well said. I have been running 2.2 since last Friday and the only issues I have seen are compatibility issues with a few apps (Google listen cones to mind )other than that my EVO has been running like a champ.

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Were there any reported issues with the early release ... Mine is running SMOOTHER than silk ... Hell There will probably be more issues with the OFFICIAL release than there are with the UNOFFICIAL release.
lmao, how did you come to that conclusion?

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Well said. I have been running 2.2 since last Friday and the only issues I have seen are compatibility issues with a few apps (Google listen cones to mind )other than that my EVO has been running like a champ.

Yeah that is isolated as all my Apps so far have worked with out a problem. Some of those problems could be Developer of the App/Google/HTC or Sprint.

I have seen a few people with issues with Apps back up their Apps and then do a hard rest and it cleared it up.....

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
lmao, how did you come to that conclusion?

As one of the Mod's stated in another thread..

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g/26306-2-2-froyo-pushed-back-say-aint-so-4.html

5 minutes ago Sprint PR assured me that the official update date is still Aug. 3.

I can't get any confirmation, but it looks like the difference between the "unofficial" and "official" will be that the "official" locks the phone down tighter, and closes a loophole that allows copy-protected apps to be copied and shared.

If the difference between official and unofficial is making it harder to root or locking the device down more you could see some issues between the two...

SdotJ

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I have seen a few people with issues with Apps back up their Apps and then do a hard rest and it cleared it up.....
Thanks that fixed all but the Google listen app. I'm thinking the issue is moreso with the app but I will take that conversation over to the app thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuzuboiii