Official Lollipop thread. Post here!

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
There doesn't seem to be one.

Questions and information before and after to help late jumpers.

Still on 4.4.2 myself.

I just read that the menu button becomes the recent apps button.
The S5 had the menu with a long press.
I also just read the S6 has no menu button, just the overflow / 3 dots option like stock Android. Long pressing Recent Apps gives Multi Window modes, which seems silly to make this more important in a smaller device, imv.

(OK - I honestly can't go reading up all these blogs and guides every day and find out myself, I would rather post here!)

So Q1: Will the Note 3 retain a menu option?

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Madd, you disappointed me. I thought you had upgraded and there were going to be 6 pages of screenshots in the first post! :D
Well, I love my lollipop on Tmobile. I'm sure there will be some differences in the International version but should be mostly the same. The multitasking, multiwindow, s-pen features are great. Everything is faster too. Wish there were dark backgrounds instead of white for settings but if that is the trade off for having what acts like a brand new phone, I'll take it. I no longer have any desire for a Note 4 at all since upgrading.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
@ jpr

HaHa!

6 pages? More like 96 pages worth.

That's all the screenshots Mobile Nations think they can handle, but we're still in negotiations!

No sign of Lollipop on Sammobile yet for me.

I suppose I am looking forward to it, if it works OK. Like a new phone, as you say.
I must have a good chance of a smooth transition also, without carrier ware.

I really liked the way I could write with the S-Pen on the Note 4, miles better, but I would not expect it to improve too much on the Note 3 screen.

I also have played with so many white screens in stores I am almost getting used to it, lol - but I hope a dark option is brought out soonest.

On Edit: I meant to add that I wonder why the S4 menu button changed then.

Last edited:

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone else having trouble with snote? It feels like I can't write things down fast or it won't register my strokes. It doesn't happen in action memo or one note. Can anyone write a couple sentences on snote when moderate - fast speed and tell me if it works for you? The problem occurs when I lift the spen and then quickly put it down on the screen to write the next letter.

Posted via the Android Central App

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else having trouble with snote? It feels like I can't write things down fast or it won't register my strokes. It doesn't happen in action memo or one note. Can anyone write a couple sentences on snote when moderate - fast speed and tell me if it works for you? The problem occurs when I lift the spen and then quickly put it down on the screen to write the next letter.

I'm not having any problem with that myself. Just tried again writing as fast as I physically could and no problem at all.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Has the 'alarm set' countdown pop up gone in Lollipop. Someone asked how to get it back but didn't say what device.

I depend on that also.

"Your alarm is set for 9 hours and 20 minutes" or something, so you know it's not 3 days later.

On Edit : Correction - poster coming from Jelly bean to a Galaxy S6.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Has the 'alarm set' countdown pop up gone in Lollipop. Someone asked how to get it back but didn't say what device.

I depend on that also.

"Your alarm is set for 9 hours and 20 minutes" or something, so you know it's not 3 days later.

On Edit : Correction - poster coming from Jelly bean to a Galaxy S6.

It still works the same.

Aena

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Menu button doesn't become recent apps. All the buttons stay the same

My note 3 upgrade changed the menu soft key to the screens editor . . . Very displeased.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-20-23-30-54.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-20-23-30-54.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 16

pcdebb

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I got my Note 3 a month ago. Very shortly after, the update was pushed OTA. I just realized about the same time I've had connectivity issues. I primarily only get Edge coverage. I'm in an LTE area. I think the update screwed something up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roth4796