On the fence for the Evo 3D

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
OK, with the trade-in or resale value of the Evo 4G, if I flip it I can basically get the 4D for free, or for a little profit if I feel like working for it.

I only had 4 real gripes about the 4G, but none of them dealbreakers: the occasional hang/lag, weak WiFi strength, 4G connectivity, and battery life. The hanging/lagging seems to be gone since Gingerbread. The battery life is what it is but I'm used to having to plug the phone in often, so unless the 3D has like 3 times the life, this one is push. 4G connectivity seems to be related to 4G in general, not the phone, so I'm not sure where that one stands. Now the WiFi is definitely weak for this caliber of phone. I'm saying this coming from the OG Palm Pre where I never had issues connecting at my place. With the 4G, there are areas that I get no signal at all and areas that should be decent go in and out regularly.

So, basically all I can see upgrading to the 3D is for WiFi. The camera is probably better, but I only use the camera to take simple snaps so I couldn't care less about that. If I want quality photos, I use my DSLR.

I know the hardware is superior on the 3D, but all my apps are butter smooth now so I don't crave the dual core. More RAM and memory is interesting, but I have no issue with space and as I said before performance is fine. The screen is one of those things that the 4G only becomes inferior if I get the new phone, it's fine. And 3D? Eh, couldn't care less about that either.

What else can I be missing out on? I'm generally first in line for the latest and greatest, but this situation here has me shrugging my shoulders.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If you're on the fence and those are all the features you care about, I'd keep your EVO 4G and wait a year for the next best thing.
Personally, I want the new version of Sense, the higher res screen, the increased CPU capability, more RAM, and the larger internal storage.
Also, I am hopeful for, but not counting on, longer battery life with the larger battery and async CPU cores.

Last edited:

DeCourseyyy

May 9, 2011
www.facebook.com
If you watch Phonedog's review of the Sensation (A similar device to the 3D) it seems like dual core Sense 3.0 phones are experiencing some lag. Im going to play around with it a little, but I may just go the route of getthing the galaxy S II on sprint when it comes.

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
If your on the fence about upgrading then I believe you answered your own question right here:
OK, with the trade-in or resale value of the Evo 4G, if I flip it I can basically get the 4D for free, or for a little profit if I feel like working for it.

The only reason I am upgrading is because it's going to be damn near free for me with my trade in.;)

EVO%252520vs%252520EVO%2525203D.jpg

Last edited:

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Yea if none of the superior features matter to you, such has better screen, bigger battery, dual core latest generation snapdragon, adreno 220, 1gb or ram, than I really think you should stick with the evo 4g. I am getting it because of the hardware specs, not because of cameras or the 3d crap just for the pure raw power of the phone, + sense 3.0 to serve as the finishing layer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred