One afternoon with my new S7 Edge... my thoughts and follow ups!

JF2014

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Re: One afternoon with my new S7 Edge... my thoughts.

WOW.

I finally got an OTA update today. I was a little frustrated that Samsung was rolling out the April security patch, and I was sitting on February (thanks to Rogers here in Canada.)

I had read elsewhere that Samsung was pushing a UI update that adjusted the sensitivity of the edge screen to reduce false inputs; let me say that it works... very well.

Samsung has really done a great job fine tuning out the problem of hitting the app drawer, phone button or back/recent apps buttons while holding the device. I can comfortably use my S7E without a case now.

It also massively improved a complaint I had with the screen dimming while in a speakerphone or BT call (discussed in another thread I started.)

Battery usage seems to be slightly higher with this update though; I'll monitor this over the next few days.

In the meantime, colour me a happy S7E owner.

(Rogers still sucks the hind tit for being so slow with updates though!)

Miska Hietala

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
Try nova launcher. Has some nice gestures options. For example i have gestures set up for swipe up to launch Google now, and swiping down brings notifications down. Very handy.

Posted via the Android Central App

Ipse_Tase

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Try nova launcher. Has some nice gestures options. For example i have gestures set up for swipe up to launch Google now, and swiping down brings notifications down. Very handy.
Wholeheartedly recommend Nova. I know Touchwiz is not the same POS from a couple of years ago, but as a Samsung fan (and owner of 3 phones) I always went back to Nova as my daily driver.
It even drops to 0.99$ for the pro version quite frequently.