One X+ keeps on getting "teased" for Android update

david.karr

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I have an HTC One X+ with AT&T. It's on Android 4.1.1. A few weeks ago, about the time that I heard that there was an Android update for this phone, I started to see messages in the center of the home screen saying variations of "There is a software update". In none of these cases have I been able to complete this to receive the update. I've started to make sure I'm in wifi when I'm at home. The last two times I've seen this, it just shows up as a black bar in the middle of the home screen saying "Software Update", with no buttons or other information. This happened again this morning. I've tried numerous times to go into "AT&T software update" in settings and click "check for updates", but I've never seen that button do anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carlito17

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded the update manually (on my PC from HTC website) and got an error on install. I chatted with HTC Tech Support and the update has a bug with no fix in sight. Don't hold your breath

david.karr

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I guess that's consistent with the answer I got from my own HTC support chat. We couldn't figure out why the OTA wasn't downloading, but he didn't recommend the direct download, as that apparently wasn't working properly. I got the impression it was a problem with the download process itself, not specifically with the update. I guess I'll ignore the update notices for a while.