Optimus S LS670ZVD Cant Boot into Custum Recovery

Wunbadmofo

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I have a Lg Optimus S LS670ZVD. I rooted it using Gingersnap one click. I believe the root worked because Superuser seems to be functioning for apps that require root.

I used the Control senter App to verify root status, and then from the advanced menu i installed Xiona Clockwork Recovery. I hit accept quickly on all the SU prompts and the app said that the recovery had been successfully installed and that my device was rebooting. It never rebooted. I did reboot recovery from the control center and it was still the android stock recovery. I then tried wiping phone, cache, sd card, and reinstalling the recovery over and over, the phone would never reboot on its own after install or boot into xiona clockwork when i tried reboot recovery.

So then I downloaded Rom Manager from the market. I flashed ClockworkMod Recovery and it said it was successful. I then clicked on reboot into recovery, and it asked if I was sure, I hit yes and it rebooted right to the stock android recovery. Rom manager says My current recovery is clockworkMod 3. something something.

so what am i doing wrong guys? How come I cant load my custom recovery?

uberjam545

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
If you checked the stickies at the top you would have seen that it said not to use Rom manager. It's alright though i did the same thing and you should be able to fix it by manually flashing xionia recovery using the android sdk and command line fun stuff.

shockdude

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
you should have read the stickied thread at the top of this forum that says:
[BRICK WARNING] - Do NOT use Rom Manager on the Optimus S

can you still boot into your phone? if so, then consider yourself extremely lucky, especially after using ROM manager.

now follow the instructions in this thread:
[Custom Recovery] Xionia Clockwork (CWMA v1.2518.6)
read the first few posts, then read the last few pages of the thread before doing anything or else risk frustration.
if you have any more questions, then post the question in that thread; you'll get better answers that way.

Reactions: yungdrizzle4

rwarr1234

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
So I bricked my Optimus S after rooting by installing Rom Manager. Will not go into emergency mode and none of the procedures in this thread have worked. Does anyone have a solution??? :-X:-X:-X

aaronrw

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
So I bricked my Optimus S after rooting by installing Rom Manager. Will not go into emergency mode and none of the procedures in this thread have worked. Does anyone have a solution??? :-X:-X:-X

You can't go into any recovery at all? Did you check out any of the unbrick methods in the threads?

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hulkjr77