Oreo update

NightOrchid

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Dont worry...Your not the only one buddy... We dont have it over here in UK or Europe either (CID_001) .. I think its just available for Open USA..

But if you read around some forums and threads... it looks as if the first Oreo release on the U11 has a few bugs and issues, so for me... Ide rather wait for the fixed update

jcdub

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
It was promised before the end of 2017, but I doubt it'll arrive before then bugs or not. HTC UK / Europe have been quiet about it when asked. HTC said it'll be announced through media channels when it's due for release. 🤤

coronaboy10

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Dont worry...Your not the only one buddy... We dont have it over here in UK or Europe either (CID_001) .. I think its just available for Open USA..

But if you read around some forums and threads... it looks as if the first Oreo release on the U11 has a few bugs and issues, so for me... Ide rather wait for the fixed update

I've had Oreo since the latter part of November and I havent experience any bugs or issues.

jcdub

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I had a conversation with a friend of mine regarding the release of Oreo for the U11.
Basically with the introduction of the U11+ in certain parts of the world which has Oreo out of the box. HTC has held back on the Oreo update for the U11 in order to try push the sales of the plus model with Oreo.
This is showing lack of respect for those who've bought the original U11. So in the near future I'll be selling my U11 and moving on to a different manufacturer, possibly Pixel or Nokia 9 when released

Last edited:

NightOrchid

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
This is showing lack of respect for those who've bought the original U11. So in the near future I'll be selling my U11 and moving on to a different manufacturer, possibly Pixel or Nokia 9 when released

Exactly my thoughts too.. and youd think HTC would be desperate and eager for all the support they can get right now, especially after the hammering the U Ultra got (which it didnt deserve BTW).. but im in the same mind myself... because some aspects of Sense are looking really dated now, even from the M8 days... and it would be nice to see a UI overhaul .... With all these winter/January sales now on... Im looking at maybe a Pixel 2 xl at some point

I know HTC update everything over Google Play... and just update the bare-bones firmware every 3-4 months.. but they should at least say something...

jcdub

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
HTC UK have been called out on Twitter over the lack of the update as promised by the end of 2017 and the fact they are not replying to their followers about the same question. Maybe android central or android media group should ask HTC what the delay is..

funmonk01

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
HTC UK

Verified account

@HTC_UK

We’re sorry for the delay in delivering your Oreo update for the HTC U11. We have started to roll out the update globally but have had some complexities that have caused a delay to our release in Europe. Please bear with us and we’ll let you know more as soon as we can.

dwb3838

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Still no word on the U11 Sprint version either which was also suppose to be out by the end of 2017 but nobody will tell you anything about it 😠😠

dwb3838

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Well the HTC 10 unlocked just got the update before the U11 sprint version. Might have to check out the next pixel3 on Verizon.

younger996

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I just got the 8.0 update to my phone. I'm in Ireland.......it's the UK version, has anyone installed it and how did it work out??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zorawarsingh