OTA update for fps(for rooted users) clockwork

Sugewhyte

May 15, 2010
www.bertfentress.com
I wanted to start a thread for clockwork users that are rooted. I have yet to do the update but I have downloaded the zip. I am wondering if I am getting 53fps without the update do I need to....if so how do you with clockwork? Thx

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I wanted to start a thread for clockwork users that are rooted. I have yet to do the update but I have downloaded the zip. I am wondering if I am getting 53fps without the update do I need to....if so how do you with clockwork? Thx

My buddy just flashed this over and he says its very quick...

True FPS Unlock I would like to say?

Not doubling up FPS like the other kernels do...

I could be wrong but he says its as fast or quicker then when he used CM6

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
So can the OTA HTC update be applied on top of clockwork or is a new ROM the only way?

kd0axs just posted the link to the Rooted Version...

Lets not start this OTA krap again we should all know never to do an OTA always wait for the Devs to Release a root version...

Thx for posting the link kd0axs

xorg

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like some who manually installed on top of latest unrevoked worked OK. But is the phone still rooted after applied?

sakasune

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Is the update.zip the same thing as the OTA in the sense that we will lose root? Over on the official thread people were saying that they were rooted using unrevoked3, got unrooted due to the update, and re-rooted using unrevoked3.
My question: is using unrevoked3 a prerequisite? I rooted when there were more complicated instructions and had to use ADB to accomplish it. I want to know this before proceeding and don't feel like reflashing if it's not necessary

bdarknessb

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I had Unrevoked on 2.2, I downloaded and installed the Deodexed rooted update and installed manually.. Still have root, and FPS unlocked, Just a note this is just a rom and does not update PRI, That needs to be done separately.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I had Unrevoked on 2.2, I downloaded and installed the Deodexed rooted update and installed manually.. Still have root, and FPS unlocked, Just a note this is just a rom and does not update PRI, That needs to be done separately.

Good man...

Do as he did... DONT DOWNLOAD OTA's!!!! Wait for Rooted Versions to be Released by Carriers and Download that...

This time its easy the Root version was released before the Official its a no brainer People

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm waiting. Vaelpak is working great for me. This will be baked into all the ROMs in a few days... fully working and without the Flash audio problems that people are experiencing with Stock.

jlboom

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Okay, it's loaded. The first .zip was corrupt, I used mirror 3 and that worked fine. It's "loading" now, and I'll have to reload everything. Should be interesting.