OTG Cable and Hard Drive or USB Stick

ffactoryxx

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have a recommendation for an OTG Cable for the Nexus 10?

Is the Nexus 10 cable or powering a 250gb SSD Drive in an enclosure or just a USB Stick?

I saw recently this OTB/USB Hub that came out that supported 4 devices,,,

ffactoryxx

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
He could be talking about one of the smaller ones that doesn't have it's own power supply.

I'm not sure I've ever seen those in an external, but then again, I've never looked for one. In any event, I've hooked up an old (powered) external HD to the N10 with the OTG cable, and it works fine. Although I prefer to use the Plex app and just stream from my PC.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I only need one external hard drive and it's one of the big ones that is powered by a wall outlet so I haven't been able to try it.

Darren Donovan

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I did get an OTG cable that has a 90-degree bend downward, thus blocking access to the headphone jack. I then got another one that was straight out, no access problem. I've heard there's one that has an upward bend. As far as powering a HDD, I've got a 500 GB Passport, about the physical size of the Galaxy Note 2 phone. This hard drive relies on USB power (it does not have its own power cable), and the Nexus 10 does not provide enough power for it. Any HDD that you connect to the Nexus 10 will need its own power supply. For portable, external storage, I use a bunch of 64 GB flash drives with the Nexus 10.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chao