P3Droid Posts His Own Review

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I think he is more over talking about the hardware (call quality, speaker, casing, battery, etc.)

ICS looks superb and I can't wait to try it out. Great review!

He said call quality was good. It's the speaker on a phone not a stereo? It's Samsung they always build light why is that a shock? I don't care how light it is as long as it last! The battery? Umm its a 4g phone, its on par with all the others on 4g. Android is full of haters and it's getting real old. Don't like it get a Razr, or the Bionic. Problem solved.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
He said call quality was good. It's the speaker on a phone not a stereo? It's Samsung they always build light why is that a shock? I don't care how light it is as long as it last! The battery? Umm its a 4g phone, its on par with all the others on 4g. Android is full of haters and it's getting real old. Don't like it get a Razr, or the Bionic. Problem solved.

Damn dude who pissed in your cheerios this morning? He isn't being a hater he just wants a complete phone. But you being ok with mediocre makes everyone else a hater. People like you are the reason things like battery and that have not really improved much.

Reactions: Poopai and AZDROIDX

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I doubt we'll see any other battery outside of an extended battery. This phone is already manufactured, boxed, shipped and sitting in Verizon warehouses somewhere. There's no way they wait until a week or 2 or 3 before it's released to manufacture it.

Personally, I have no concerns about the battery. During these test, little to no tweaking is done and the phone is in an always on/always in use state. I read nothing but complaints about the battery for my Bionic, but when I plug it in around mid night, it always has 30% to 50% left. I think it's all about the apps that you download. Some will suck the juice out of any device.

Yeah boxed and shipped with 1850.

Nobody seems to note that p3's devices are not even retail. They are test units and if they are using 1750maH, they are old test units at that.

Reactions: Premium1

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Damn dude who pissed in your cheerios this morning? He isn't being a hater he just wants a complete phone. But you being ok with mediocre makes everyone else a hater. People like you are the reason things like battery and that have not really improved much.

lol people like me is why battery haven't improved much? Yeah you right I have not been doing my job as R&D for Android and the other partners, I'll try and do better now that you have brought it to my attention. And this phone is a complete phone! People keep finding things to complain about from day one, the phone is very complete.

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site

Nobody seems to note that p3's devices are not even retail. They are test units and if they are using 1750maH, they are old test units at that.

Just a question regarding this, Can you name some of the major differences between a test unit and a retail unit that effects battery life? Also can 100 mah make that much of a difference on the retail unit?

Im not trying to have you back up what your saying, Im seriously just curious? Thanks in advance.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
P3 said in his own review it may be 1850mAH and Adrynalyne says starting at post #30 that it's going to be 1850mAH according to his sources:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-galaxy-nexus/132695-2100mah-battery-3.html

I hope you're right, though I'll be slapping an extended battery in this as soon as it's available. Having a phone run all day has always been more important to me than how thin it is. I'm not meaning to argue what size battery will come in the phone, only that whatever it is, it's a done deal. Outside of software updates, the phone is complete right now. They just need to let us buy it.

sneakking

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I hope you're right, though I'll be slapping an extended battery in this as soon as it's available. Having a phone run all day has always been more important to me than how thin it is. I'm not meaning to argue what size battery will come in the phone, only that whatever it is, it's a done deal. Outside of software updates, the phone is complete right now. They just need to let us buy it.

which is what's great about having the battery accessible, different options

personally, i like to keep the phone the same size, so at some point if i feel the battery won't last to my needs i'll be getting a backup battery

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Just a question regarding this, Can you name some of the major differences between a test unit and a retail unit that effects battery life? Also can 100 mah make that much of a difference on the retail unit?

Im not trying to have you back up what your saying, Im seriously just curious? Thanks in advance.

AFAIK, the older test units have had OTA's disabled. Therefore, p3 is likely not on the latest release. Also, hardware wise, I think its just the battery. The battery must be larger physically, because they issued new test devices for it.

100maH can mean the difference of an hour or so, which imo is considerable.

Reactions: kca2000

Captain Hindsight

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
That makes no sense ICS Is the phone!!! What more do you want in the phone? What is it missing?

That's kind of the problem for me at this point. This phone is all about ICS. I don't care about unlocking the phone with my face. I don't care about panorama or no shutter lag. I think about this phone and I think about about the phones 4-6 months from now that will be running ICS and have better LTE radios and batteries and all of a sudden I'm not that excited. Not to mention that there's not even a release date. I'm just starting to lose the "Wow!" factor for this phone.

Last edited:

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

the software can be more complete and help with battery some. Plus the extra 100 mah will help some too. may not be much but will atleast be as good most likely better.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
That's kind of the problem for me at this point. This phone is all about ICS. I don't care about unlocking the phone with my face. I don't care about panorama or no shutter lag. I think about this phone and I think about about the phones 4-6 months from now that will be running ICS and have better LTE radios and batteries and all of a sudden I'm not that excited. Not to mention that there's not even a release date. I'm just starting to lose the "Wow!" factor for this phone.

I kind of agree with you about losing the WOW factor with this phone. Yes I want it and yes it is a nexus and will get updates quicker but other than that it is pretty much just any other phone. They need to announce a release or people are just going to wait until CES and quad core phones are announced( even though that is over kill atm for phones) and potentially skip the nexus.

Reactions: Poopai

EvanJ18

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site

I can agree with some of that. Mainly the reason I'm staying with The Nexus and not jumping to something else down the pipeline is this.

-Potential for newer phones to be more locked down
-Potential for more phones to be released without a removable battery
-Likelihood of newer phones getting the next iteration of android is not 100% unless it is released late next year.
-Almost certain most wont be stock and bloatless out of the box. And I know Sense and TWiz and Blur have come a long way but not far enough IMO.

StuRoid

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I kind of agree with you about losing the WOW factor with this phone. Yes I want it and yes it is a nexus and will get updates quicker but other than that it is pretty much just any other phone. They need to announce a release or people are just going to wait until CES and quad core phones are announced( even though that is over kill atm for phones) and potentially skip the nexus.

If you take this view then as it has been said maaaaaaany times before, you will never get a new device cos you will always be waiting for that thing that is just around the corner. I can tell you now that no phone announced at CES will be available before April and those at MWC will be out only in May which is when you will see the GS3. And none of these will ever have that absolute everything, it's just how it is. So just go with the Nexus, Razr, Rezound or whatever is available and be happy with it.

But if you choose anything but the Nexus you are a fool :p (not directed at any one person in particular....it's everyone)

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
ZipKicker, CallerHoller,

The day I change my posts for p3droid is the day hell freezes over. Note, the AFAIK, and ifs and likely. They never were absolutes.

At any rate, I'll check with my own sources tyvm.

Last edited:

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
If you take this view then as it has been said maaaaaaany times before, you will never get a new device cos you will always be waiting for that thing that is just around the corner. I can tell you now that no phone announced at CES will be available before April and those at MWC will be out only in May which is when you will see the GS3. And none of these will ever have that absolute everything, it's just how it is. So just go with the Nexus, Razr, Rezound or whatever is available and be happy with it.

But if you choose anything but the Nexus you are a fool :p (not directed at any one person in particular....it's everyone)

Not really. Everyone has their own opinion, IMO the sgs2 is still a better phone and actually wish that came to verizon since other than updates the nexus isn't anything special. But since those on verizon didn't get a sgs2, I will go with the nexus most likely.

Reactions: Poopai

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Quality of certain elements on a phone is relative and subjective to its user. Yes, P3Droid said call quality was good but not as good as Motorola. "The Nexus performs well, but it is not as clear as my Motorola device. It is not bad either." To some people, in particular current Moto owners, this maybe important but to others, it won't be that big of a deal.

People certainly shouldn't expect amazing speakers on phones but some phone makers do speakers better than others. Again, it's all relative.

You don't care how light it is? Awesome! But not everyone is you.

Battery life is most definitely expected to suck given it's a 4G phone. Over time hopefully the technology will be there to make future radios and chip-sets more power efficient. I don't think anyone is debating that at this time. It's just not there yet.

Pointing out the potential cons over a phone is being a hater? No, I don't think so. We must be critical of the things we enjoy if they are ever to improve. The Android world shouldn't be surrounded with a fan base full of "yes-men" or "yes-women".

That being said...I agree that the phone, overall, is a complete package from hardware to software. It's going to be an amazing device and I'm definitely still going to get one. However, the main draw for me is stock ICS and not really the hardware (although I think it's just fine for me anyway).

Last edited:
Reactions: stabbedintheface

JRZLocal

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Good review can't wait to get my hands on this. Coming from the thunderbolt I don't expect much from a battery on a 4g phone, I'll just get a spare no big deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chariesdevil