Package disabler

13Flossy

Apr 30, 2022
Visit site
I have just downloaded the package disabler. There are bloatware apps I will know and understand are ok to remove/disable. There's are others in not too sure of... Like
Basic daydreams ?? Huh... Lol
So main question, how do I know? What do the label colors mean?

Nevermind I got it
No I lied
Need clarification please
Bloat unsafe... Does that mean it's unsafe so disable?
Or does it mean it's unsafe to disable?

13Flossy

Apr 30, 2022
Visit site
I don't know.
But I'm so excited. I only disabled like 7 of the pink apps and already the phone is so much better. The screen glitches are gone. The upcoming alarm is showing the right time. Thank you thank you!
And Bixby was definitely a part of it

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Welcome

If you hit the 4 bars upper left and tap each category there more things you can disable, I'll circle in my screenshot.
There's lots of things you can do , it's a awesome app. Screenshot_20220503-230059_Package%20Disabler%20Pro.jpg

13Flossy

Apr 30, 2022
Visit site
Can't believe what Package installer found

I've gone through the tedious painstaking task of googling each and every single app found under the bloatware recommended. I found two viruses. Apparently they are not very easily detectable. Apparently they are disguised as running apps that are for your phone. One I guess I installed on knowingly back in December of 20. Makes sense of why my phones have been acting up since about then every single one. Because of why because I transferred data from one phone to the other so I'm just bringing it along big mistake. The other one came to me on my new phone from Samsung imagine that

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Can't believe what Package installer found

I've gone through the tedious painstaking task of googling each and every single app found under the bloatware recommended. I found two viruses. [...] I transferred data from one phone to the other so I'm just bringing it along big mistake. The other one came to me on my new phone from Samsung imagine that
Yes, imagine. But do you have any reason to believe that Package Installer was correct in telling you there was a virus? If the authors want to promote their app, their incentive is to let the app issue false alarms, so that users will post about how grateful they are that the app saved them.

What were the two apps that supposedly had viruses?

Can't believe what Package installer found
When you're told something that seems unbelievable, you should consider not believing it, unless there's strong evidence that it's true.

Last edited:

13Flossy

Apr 30, 2022
Visit site

Yes, imagine. But do you have any reason to believe that Package Installer was correct in telling you there was a virus? If the authors want to promote their app, their incentive is to let the app issue false alarms, so that users will post about how grateful they are that the app saved them.

What were the two apps that supposedly had viruses?

When you're told something that seems unbelievable, you should consider not believing it, unless there's strong evidence that it's true.
Thank you for your feedback. The virus information did not come from the package disabler. I went thru the tedious task of checking out each app on the recommended bloatware list. Many were safe, bloatware that wears out the battery and slows the phone horribly, but safe nonetheless. The info did not come from anything to do with the app in question nor any authors, promoters etc. It came from me doing research and then getting confirmation from trusted sources. These are not any old viruses. They, well the one, just sits there for a while doing little things that you may or may not even notice. However, eventually you notice because it starts to take over your phone. Things like installing crazy apps you've never heard of or delaying the sending and receiving of messages or telling you your passwords is incorrect, even thou you know it's correct. But you opt for PW reset anyway. Click on the PW reset link and enter new password just to be told repeatedly they don't match even tho you're staring at them and know they do match. I could go on, but hopefully this gets the point across.
This is solely my experience and findings. I didn't realize this much could come from a virus. But unbeknownst to me I've been carrying it around for some time. Transferred data to 3 different phones and the virus came with each transfer. I couldn't understand wth was happening. And other people just thought it was me.. The op. I truly had a nasty problem. One im still working to completely rectify. It will be really hard to convince me different with what I've endured since late 2020. Nothing made sense and everything (attempted fix) only seemed to make things worse.
I think my only option to completely rectify is a factory reset and then the tedious task of installing one at a time. Hope for the best.
Btw .. even I said I can't believe it, I was being sarcastic. It was not unbelievable because I did my homework. I never take anything at face value. I want to know, so I delve in to find out!

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site

Thank you for your feedback. The virus information did not come from the package disabler. I went thru the tedious task of checking out each app on the recommended bloatware list. Many were safe, bloatware that wears out the battery and slows the phone horribly, but safe nonetheless. The info did not come from anything to do with the app in question nor any authors, promoters etc. It came from me doing research and then getting confirmation from trusted sources. These are not any old viruses. They, well the one, just sits there for a while doing little things that you may or may not even notice. However, eventually you notice because it starts to take over your phone. Things like installing crazy apps you've never heard of or delaying the sending and receiving of messages or telling you your passwords is incorrect, even thou you know it's correct. But you opt for PW reset anyway. Click on the PW reset link and enter new password just to be told repeatedly they don't match even tho you're staring at them and know they do match. I could go on, but hopefully this gets the point across.
This is solely my experience and findings. I didn't realize this much could come from a virus. But unbeknownst to me I've been carrying it around for some time. Transferred data to 3 different phones and the virus came with each transfer. I couldn't understand wth was happening. And other people just thought it was me.. The op. I truly had a nasty problem. One im still working to completely rectify. It will be really hard to convince me different with what I've endured since late 2020. Nothing made sense and everything (attempted fix) only seemed to make things worse.
I think my only option to completely rectify is a factory reset and then the tedious task of installing one at a time. Hope for the best.
Btw .. even I said I can't believe it, I was being sarcastic. It was not unbelievable because I did my homework. I never take anything at face value. I want to know, so I delve in to find out!

You didn't answer the question of what were the two apps that supposedly had viruses/appeared as viruses in your research.

I'm sure we'd like to check for those, too.

Old_Norm

Oct 25, 2021
Visit site
It appears the Packages disabler is gone from the Playstore, unless it is actually called something else. I couldn't find it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia