Question PDF File Name Automatically Reverts to Old Name

seprabakar

Apr 24, 2024
Visit site
1. there is a (PDF) file already saved in the folder from WhatsApp
2. On my request, the sender, send renames the file as per my instruction, and shares renamed file to me through WhatsApp
3. I receive the re-named file and save it to My Folder
4. When I look for the new file in the File Folder, the new file is renamed to the old name and is available
How to prevent this problem of newly received re-named file to named back to the old file name ?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
How are they re-naming the file? Is it re-named on the sender's end? Is this a previously-shared file in the same conversation thread? What happens if the sender copies, then re-names the file instead of re-naming it? Are the two different files available and do they send with the same name or different?

Reactions: Laura Knotek

seprabakar

Apr 24, 2024
Visit site
How are they re-naming the file? Is it re-named on the sender's end? Is this a previously-shared file in the same conversation thread? What happens if the sender copies, then re-names the file instead of re-naming it? Are the two different files available and do they send with the same name or different?
Thank you for your response.
It goes like this
1. Mr. ABC receives a file XYZ.pdf through WhatsApp (WA) from Mr. DEF
2. . Mr. ABC saves this in his folder
3. He feels the file is to be renamed. If he does that in his folder then Mr. DEF, the Author, will have the same file with the older name. This will be confusing as they go forward.
4. So, Mr. ABC messages back Mr. DEF through WA, asking Mr. DEF to re-name the file and send it back to him (Mr. ABC) through WA, (same WA thread)
5. Mr. DEF renames the file as XYZ123.pdf and forwards the same through WA back to Mr. ABC
6. Mr. ABC views the file, and satisfied with the re-naming saves the new file in his folder.
7. After few minutes when he accesses the new file in the Download Folder, it shows up at the Top , with correct Timestamp, but with the old file name (XYZ.pdf) and not the new file name (XYZ123.pdf)
8. Mr. ABC is mystified and Mr. DEF clueless.

Hoping to get this resolved. Many thanks in advance.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Are two files saved in the receiving end (ABC)? The original file, then the renamed one right after downloading? What about if DEF creates a copy of the file and renames the copy (not the original file) and then sends that back to ABC?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Is this a synced folder (maybe the cloud service thinks it's the same file and is replacing it automatically upon syncing)? What about other types of files, does it happen, say, with JPEGs or just with PDFs? And just to make sure, if you open a File Manager and search for the new file name after it's been "renamed" in WhatsApp, does it show anywhere in your phone?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmax36884