Perfect screen protector for the curved edge.

Ahkamvj

Aug 31, 2018
Visit site
Have you tried any case?? If yes, does the screen peel off at the edges while using a case?

No, haven't tried it. But I think they have the option for a case fit protector also. I have applied the one which covers the full screen. So I can't use a case with it.

JnCaprio

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
@Ahkamvj Thanks for suggesting this GadgetShieldz protector. My previous tempered glass interfered with the case and peeled off. This case-fit protector works good with my Spigen Case.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
It has been only a few days but started wondering if wet screen protectors are a better choice for curved screens as they they don't interfere with the touch sensitivity of the phone and are totally invisible. Are there any other screen protectors that are precision made for Note 9?

I've been using a Spigen ultra hybrid clear case and last night just fitted a Spigen Neo Flex film protector. After letting it dry and set for about 12 hrs, the fit and finish is PERFECT. Absolutely looks like there is no protector on at all, wraps around the edges perfectly, no loss of touch input and no rubbery feel.

What's even more impressive is that I swear it actually enhances the display. I'm actually using HD only display and I'd challenge anyone to actually tell. I couldn't recommend this enough.

On another note, I think it's a good idea to get the case and protector from the same brand to ensure maximum compatibility. My Neo Flex protector wraps around and tucks in nicely under the ultra hybrid case so no gap at all between the two. So no chance of dirt getting in under the edges of the protector and the case holds the edges of the protector down and as the case is a firm fit, there is no way for the edges of the protector to lift up.

Last edited:

azdro22

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
I've been using a Spigen ultra hybrid clear case and last night just fitted a Spigen Neo Flex film protector. After letting it dry and set for about 12 hrs, the fit and finish is PERFECT. Absolutely looks like there is no protector on at all, wraps around the edges perfectly, no loss of touch input and no rubbery feel.

What's even more impressive is that I swear it actually enhances the display. I'm actually using HD only display and I'd challenge anyone to actually tell. I couldn't recommend this enough.

On another note, I think it's a good idea to get the case and protector from the same brand to ensure maximum compatibility. My Neo Flex protector wraps around and tucks in nicely under the ultra hybrid case so no gap at all between the two. So no chance of dirt getting in under the edges of the protector and the case holds the edges of the protector down and as the case is a firm fit, there is no way for the edges of the protector to lift up.

I love their cases but the glass protector not so much. Lot of bubbles at the edges after a month of use. I even tried both pieces but same results.

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
So far despite a tiny bit of adhesive haze on an edge,nand what seems like minimal lift in a tiny spot...my Caseology glass screen protector has been holding up. It’s been on for over 3 weeks. Granted, I am only pulling it in and out of a pocket in my purse and not rough with it. The clarity is awesome.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
So far despite a tiny bit of adhesive haze on an edge,nand what seems like minimal lift in a tiny spot...my Caseology glass screen protector has been holding up. It’s been on for over 3 weeks. Granted, I am only pulling it in and out of a pocket in my purse and not rough with it. The clarity is awesome.
My caseology glass is a fingerprint magnet and it's really fragile because I have a small crack in it and I have no idea how I got it because I haven't dropped the phone. Besides those two things it's ok. No lifting for me.

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
My caseology glass is a fingerprint magnet and it's really fragile because I have a small crack in it and I have no idea how I got it because I haven't dropped the phone. Besides those two things it's ok. No lifting for me.

Mine is way less of a fingerprint magnet than the one I had on my N5...don’t recall the brand of that one.

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I’ve been using tempered glasses all these years. And for Note 9 too I was thinking on the same lines. But then thought of giving screen protectors a try this time around. Tempered glasses usually tend to leave a gap around the curved edges. And price ranges from 25$ - 30$ (excluding shipping charges).

Considering all this, I gave TGPs a miss and chose a GadgetShieldz wet application protector, something which was available for just around 9$. The edges were covered smoothly and the fit was impressive (hardly visible). Seems the material uses some technology that can heal the scratches that occur over the protector.

It has been only a few days but started wondering if wet screen protectors are a better choice for curved screens as they they don't interfere with the touch sensitivity of the phone and are totally invisible. Are there any other screen protectors that are precision made for Note 9? Do share your thoughts…

View attachment 289368 View attachment 289369
View attachment 289370 View attachment 289371

Did yours came with the solution?

mozman

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
It's already been mentioned in an earlier post, but I also have he Whitestone glass screen protector. I have to say it is pretty easy to install and have to be the best one out there. Completely adhere to the screen and no problems with touch sensitivity.

I got it for my Galaxy S8, when there was a 25% coupon on Amazon. Just waiting to see if a coupon appears for the S8+ for my daughter's phone.

I never found a glass protector for the curved screen and have been using the wet apply TPU protectors in the past. But not anymore.

meesagandu

Mar 16, 2017
Visit site
It's already been mentioned in an earlier post, but I also have he Whitestone glass screen protector. I have to say it is pretty easy to install and have to be the best one out there. Completely adhere to the screen and no problems with touch sensitivity.

I got it for my Galaxy S8, when there was a 25% coupon on Amazon. Just waiting to see if a coupon appears for the S8+ for my daughter's phone.

I never found a glass protector for the curved screen and have been using the wet apply TPU protectors in the past. But not anymore.

But White Dome is too costly, and just imagine that you are dropping the mobile just after a week of applying it and the tempered glass breaks. It is really a hell of a thing to imagine. So with that price I can buy 3 or more protectors and use it for a long time.

chennaite

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
GadgetShieldz is the best screen protector I have used so far, compared to all the protectors . It covers both the screen and the body of the device, scratch and fingerprint resistant(far better than the naked device) and not easily visible to the naked eye.

mozman

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
But White Dome is too costly, and just imagine that you are dropping the mobile just after a week of applying it and the tempered glass breaks. It is really a hell of a thing to imagine. So with that price I can buy 3 or more protectors and use it for a long time.
I agree it is expensive. But I have read complaints in the past about glass protectors not working as well for the curved screens and reviews have been inconsistent. I didn't want to bother with trying different protectors and spending money that way.
I'm glad to read others having success with other protectors, more options.

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

I first applied an IQ Shield LiQuidSkin vinyl protector, which I've used on other phones. It applied perfectly, but the S Pen left little grooves in the surface. I just installed a Whitestone Dome curved glass screen protector. I bought the two-pack on Amazon for $49 (a $10 off sale), so I'll install the second one on my daughter's Note 9.

The price seems high, but when you see the install kit that comes with it, including an install frame for perfect alignment and a UV light to cure the adhesive, it makes sense. $25 to protect a screen that probably costs $250 or more to replace seems like good insurance to me (I don't buy phone insurance, as I consider it too costly up front and when used with the deductible). If the phone ever falls and the screen protector cracks but saves the phone glass, I will be ecstatic that the impact was absorbed at the cost of a mere 25 bucks.

I read reviews on many glass protectors, and most were decidedly mixed. Reviews on the Whitestone Dome seemed the best. I like that there are no black edges at the top and the bottom, and the curves of the glass are only on the sides, not the top or bottom.

It works perfectly with my Spigen Liquid Crystal clear case, which comes close to but doesn't tough the glass protector at all (so the case can't pry up the screen protector). There is a very slight gap at the top, bottom and sides between the case and the screen protector (about fingernail thickness), but I don't think anything could impact the phone directly (without hitting the screen protector).

The application process went very smoothly, though it is multi-step and somewhat complicated. I recommend watching the install video a few times, and also reading the instructions carefully, to really get the sequence of steps down in your mind. Also, make sure that the table you use is perfectly level.

It went on perfectly aligned, the fit is great, no dust or bubbles. Touch functions seemed to work fine on the default setting, but I went ahead and turned on increased touch sensitivity.

Of course, it's too early for me to say how well it will remain adhered to the phone with use. But I think the fact that the adhesive is UV-cured, plus the case pretty much protects against anything prying up the edge of the glass, should give good long-term results.

No more grooves from the S Pen, a perfectly fitting and clear case with smoother feel, and hopefully better protection if there ever is a drop (I am being so careful and conscious of deliberate and firm handling of this phone!). I am very pleased so far.

Last edited:

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Well I decided to take the plunge on a Whitestone Dome glass since I saw so many good reviews out there and I have to say that I was completely suckered into a piece of junk. Either other people are not as OCD as I am or I just got a bad batch but I need to see if I can get my money back from Amazon.

Check out how the edge doesn't have a clean line and the glue under the glass on the curve shows thru.
01d74690ca29017a9174bc184ee926b0.jpg

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Well I decided to take the plunge on a Whitestone Dome glass since I saw so many good reviews out there and I have to say that I was completely suckered into a piece of junk. Either other people are not as OCD as I am or I just got a bad batch but I need to see if I can get my money back from Amazon.

Check out how the edge doesn't have a clean line and the glue under the glass on the curve shows thru. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181002/01d74690ca29017a9174bc184ee926b0.jpg

That sucks. Let me know how easy it is to remove and if it gums up your phone?

Wow112

Oct 2, 2018
Visit site
For the Aussies, I shared this on XDA also,

These is a cheaper alternative to white stone, called Nalistic glass screen protector that utilise the UV glue. 30 AUD +6.99aud for shipping on Amazon australia.

I have applied it and seriously it is as good as white stone, only problem is they don't give you a holder for the glue it's application is free hand, otherwise great alternative.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joe1335