Phone Keyboard changed sizes?

George Burrows

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
As a newbie to the Note 2 I do not know my way around the N2 that well. I have lost the full size phone keyboard and the slide-out menu. I must have changed settings or something. Any ideas?

I am also looking for a tutorial or info on how to best learn all the N2 has to offer?

Thanks,
G

HypoDest

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
As a newbie to the Note 2 I do not know my way around the N2 that well. I have lost the full size phone keyboard and the slide-out menu. I must have changed settings or something. Any ideas?

I am also looking for a tutorial or info on how to best learn all the N2 has to offer?

Thanks,
G

The slide out menu (multi-window) can be enabled / disabled by holding down the back button.
What do you mean by 'lost the full size phone keyboard' ? What kind of keyboard do you have now?

Sent from my GT-N7100

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Look in your Settings > One-handed operation

Are the options in there checked? If so, uncheck them & you'll have the full-sized keypads/boards agian.

JMU_GSII

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
You might have accidentally "pinched" the keyboard. You can pinch-to-zoom on the keyboard to make it bigger or smaller. Just touch the center of the keyboard with two fingers at the same time and spread your fingers outward quickly to resize the keyboard.

RoyEP3

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
You might have accidentally "pinched" the keyboard. You can pinch-to-zoom on the keyboard to make it bigger or smaller. Just touch the center of the keyboard with two fingers at the same time and spread your fingers outward quickly to resize the keyboard.

You can do this?? I'm trying to do this procedure and it's not working for me. Is this for the stock samsung keyboard? And is it for multi-view or one handed typing or normal settings? Does it work for both portrait and landscape?

JMU_GSII

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
You can do this?? I'm trying to do this procedure and it's not working for me. Is this for the stock samsung keyboard? And is it for multi-view or one handed typing or normal settings? Does it work for both portrait and landscape?

It's for the stock keyboard. It changes it from the normal keyboard to the smaller one-handed keyboard. I saw this trick in a video on Youtube and it also works on my phone. I have the international version of the phone running 4.1.2. Maybe the American models don't have this function. But when you try it, make sure you only pinch the keyboard part of the screen and not the whole screen.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Pinch and expand do in fact enable the smaller keyboard on US ATT version. Sweet Jesus, just another thing ive never seen before in the 6 or so months of learning this phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't seem to work on a Verizon phone.

I had to do it kind of fast. Put your fingers on the outside edges and pinch kind of quickly so that no actual button presses are registered I tried several times and even changed the angle a bit on the pinch before it worked. Zoom out to full screen keyboard is performed doing the opposite.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Satishpatil303

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: My keyboard changed sizes

On ur keyboard beside sym key u will find one more þkey. Long press the key. U will see 2 keyboards. Select the unselected one.

ladyt13

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! :D
I somehow shrank my keyboard & it has been driving me crazy trying to fix it! The other fixes on here did NOT work for me. Your's DID!
thank-you-150x150.jpg

kcSnoWhite

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
The original post is from a couple years ago, but I had the same thing happen w/ my brand new :'( Samsung Note 5s.

UnCheck the ONE-HAND option in your SETTINGS :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana