Phone storage low indication

arnmcrmn

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
So just this morning, randomly in my notification bar a phone storage is getting low indicator came on.

Not sure why. I have not put much of anything on my phone at all. Plus, I cant get the icon to go away at the top left of the screen.

Reactions: Eddie0513

socal sxt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
So just this morning, randomly in my notification bar a phone storage is getting low indicator came on.

Not sure why. I have not put much of anything on my phone at all. Plus, I cant get the icon to go away at the top left of the screen.

Same problem here.

arnmcrmn

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I have an 8 gb card in my phone also. So what I did was tried moving some of the songs I have put on my phone to what looks like my card. Will let you know how that works.

arnmcrmn

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Well, I called a friend of mine that works at Verizon. He said he will grab a phone and look into it but I checked all my storage and he said "you are not even close to having full storage........".

Had to do a hard reboot under the Privacy setting. Fortunately I have my phone up and running agian in less than 15 minutes with all my stuff back and looking the same before the reboot minus the phone storage indicator at the top.

This issue basically bricks your phone. I couldnt do anything. Send, or get emails, texts....etc.

socal sxt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Now I have 2 of the notifactions at the top of my screen and my memory says I have almost all of it still available. This sucks.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
would you guys mind listing what it says under "phone memory" and "internal phone storage"

might help troubleshoot

arnmcrmn

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I have been using an 8gb external card as well and still got the notice. There was a icon at the top and when you pulled the screen down, it said "Phone internal memory getting low", then the other icon said "Phone internal memory full, please delete files to acquire more space".....or something close to that.

I looked under the settings and my SD card still had over 6 gb of memory left and my internal was around the same.

when I tried to text..it said "phone memory full, please delete files to free up space"....same with email. Basically bricked the phone. Called Verizon and they said "do a reboot"

Hey Socalguy....did you by chance install swype on your phone recently before you got that notice?

Last edited:

socal sxt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I have been using an 8gb external card as well and still got the notice. There was a icon at the top and when you pulled the screen down, it said "Phone internal memory getting low", then the other icon said "Phone internal memory full, please delete files to acquire more space".....or something close to that.

I looked under the settings and my SD card still had over 6 gb of memory left and my internal was around the same.

when I tried to text..it said "phone memory full, please delete files to free up space"....same with email. Basically bricked the phone. Called Verizon and they said "do a reboot"

Hey Socalguy....did you by chance install swype on your phone recently before you got that notice?

Nope I really didnt have much installed, both the phone and 8g storage card were basically unused.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site

what about the other storage listing ,the one with 700some megs total.

that's the one it's going to refer to as that is what the phone runs on, what's the free space for that (if you haven't done a reset yet)

draken

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps the space allocated to text messages is full? Did you try deleting some text messages to see if the message will go away?

Charmed Juan

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I have had no problems with mine. I grabbed 16g card from my Storm.
I did format the SD card before I put it in.

I have 7.37g available on the SD, 6.48g internal free, and 478m of phone memory.

Please post your numbers so we can get a compairison

alear

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
This is happening on my phone now. Phone states that its "Low on space" and "Phone storage space is getting low." Occational errors are now starting to pop up. Clearly from the usage below thats not the real problem. What's going on?

My usage is:

SD Card:
13.85GB free of 14.93GB

Internal phone storage:
6.42GB free of 6.60GB

Phone memory:
622MB free of 748MB

socal sxt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Ok I got the same errors again and only 4 days after doing a hard reset. Then my phone stopped letting me look at emails and SMS's, it kept giving me odd errors, I called Verizon and they were not aware of the problem so they actually went on this forum while we were talking and I had them look at theis thread. He then went ahead and filed a report with HTC and said he will get back to me as soon as he hears from them. In the meantime I had to do a hard reset for the 2nd time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky