Phone takes anywhere from 5 - 30 seconds to make a phone call

eureb

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
About 3 weeks ago, my phone started taking a LONG time to make a phone call after initiating it. Whether starting it from a contact picture on one of my home screens, pulling up the number in my contacts, or manually dialing the number, it usually takes anywhere from 5 to 30 seconds to goto the "dialing" screen after pressing send...

I've restarted my phone, cleared the phone cache (in applications), but none of it has seemed to help.... anyone else having this problem?

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
That's definitely not normal for an S3. Have you checked your RAM; is it maxed-out? Have you loaded tons of apps on your phone? If so, maybe some other apps are causing the issue. It seems like all/or most apps have full phone 'permissions' for some inexplicable reason.
Is your S3 slow in other various functions as well; email?; texting?; camera?; music? . . etc.-etc.?

Is it AT&T? You might take it in to (wherever you got it, if a store, etc.) and ask them to try to diagnose it. If they don't fix or replace it, then last resort, you could always back-up all your stuff (that you can) and do a factory reset.

But first thing I'd look at is RAM, and then other apps that may be bogging-down your phone. You can disable most apps, one by one, to see if that affects for the better.

eureb

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
My RAM averages between 750mb & 1.05GB used. With 2GB on the device, there's still plenty left over.

Storage-wise, apps take up about 2GB, and I still have about 8GB left over.

The only other things I've noticed slowed down is the widget/button for the "assisted light" (turns on camera flash as a flashlight)

Sent from my magical talking box...

eureb

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
And of course, as we talk about it, the phone functions perfectly... *grumble*

Sometimes clearing the RAM makes it a little faster, but not always

Sent from my magical talking box...

Zeca Afonso

Jan 17, 2021
Visit site
I have the same issue, my phone takes 30sec - 2 min to start a call. It's not a Ram issue, I dont experience lag on anything else. Also it only happens when I'm connected to wifi. Maybe something related to VoIP (though I couldn't find any settings related)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You posted in an 8-year-old thread about the ancient Galaxy S3, so you may want to create a new thread for your question. Make sure to include which phone you have and which carrier you're on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174