Phone volume

the gator

May 17, 2010
Visit site
My pixel 6 when I'm on the phone I cannot adjust the volume when I use the volume controls it shows it going up and down but does not affect the actual volume, the volume stays at maximum. If I'm on a headset the phone volume controls will work, but they do not affect the phone volume on the phone just the headset. Anyone else have this issue and if so will you able to fix it?.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you adjust the volume, do you see a phone icon on the volume bar, or is it something else like a musical note?

the gator

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The bar goes up and down like the volume is supposed to but it does not affect the volume. But if I have a headset on it will adjust the headset volume.

the gator

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I realize that, it does go up and down. It looks like it affects the volume but it doesn't. Have tried safe mode and quite a few other things.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps we're not being clear -- what icon do you see on the volume bar? If it's a musical note, then that's the media volume slider, and is not affecting your phone call volume. It should be an icon that looks like a phone.

drvier8

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I realize that, it does go up and down. It looks like it affects the volume but it doesn't. Have tried safe mode and quite a few other things.

In the bar, there is an icon that indicates which volume you are adjusting. A musical note for media volume, a phone for phone volume, an bell for ring/notification, and an alarm clock for alarm volume. When you are pressing it and the volume is going up and down, what icon is displaying. It may not be the phone volume you are changing. You can hit the ... under the bar to see all the choices. Make sure your phone volume is maximized.

the gator

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I appreciate your answers but I do know the difference this is about my fifth Google phone. Have also went into the settings for the volumes and turned down the phone setting to less than half and it did not affect it.

drvier8

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
On speakerphone for me, the difference between max and min is not very much. In the earpiece, the difference is greater (also with bluetooth earbuds).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I appreciate your answers but I do know the difference this is about my fifth Google phone. Have also went into the settings for the volumes and turned down the phone setting to less than half and it did not affect it.

Ok fair enough -- but we were asking those questions to make sure we cleared that up, and weren't getting any definitive answers from you. We get people with a wide range of experience on this forum, so we never make any assumptions unless the member gives more specific details that would make us think otherwise.

Do you notice this problem on speakerphone as well? Also, have you made sure there's no debris lodged in the earpiece speaker opening?

the gator

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The problem is both on phone earpiece and on speaker phone. Even with volume all the way down it's still at full volume. thank you for everybody's replies

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220316-110531~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20220316-110531~2.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 11

donaldmd13

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Gator, I have this problem too. i find that when I'm calling a company/commercial establishment and going through voicemail hell the volume is unadjustable and always at the highest level no matter what (the slider goes up and down, but volume doesn't change). I did have some success with friends though and just regular calls. It doesn't always work, but sometimes I can adjust the volume the way you should when talking to a friend (but it's erratic).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OSCAR DE BUG